Medik8 r-Retinoate Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
Medik8 r-Retinoate Overview
When Medik8 said they go beyond Retinol, they meant topping it up to eight times more and created r-Retinoate – an encapsulated form of retinyl retinoate. This moisturizer is what they would like to call a breakthrough in anti-ageing skincare by fusing retinoic acid with retinol into a hybrid molecule that can exhibit properties of both materials and at the same time improve retinol outcomes without the retinoic acid side effects.
Retinyl retinoate is said to be even more effective than retinol in significantly lower dosage, that it can be used for all skin types day and night – even for sensitive skin. This formula, with the combination of vitamins C and E, shows effectiveness in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while making skin look more visually plumped, even and bright after four weeks and continuously improving up to 12 weeks of use and beyond.
This youth activating cream has a very light texture but appealing scent. It is non-oily, fast absorbing and pleasantly moisturizing to address all signs of skin ageing.
Medik8 r-Retinoate is available online for $225.
Medik8 r-Retinoate – Does it really work?
r-Retinoate has been the winner of multiple new technology awards including the Korean President’s Award for Technology.
In an independent user trial conducted by Medik8, it is said that fine lines and wrinkles are visibly softened, pigmentation is visually reduced and the appearance of overall skin surface uniformity is restored. The skin looks clearer, brighter, revitalised and ultimately, more youthful – and with continued use, improvement becomes even more remarkable over time.
Medik8 r-Retinoate Ingredients
- Water – is primarily used as a solvent in the formulation of virtually every type of cosmetic and personal care product, which dissolves many of the ingredients that impart skin benefits such as conditioning and cleansing agents.
- Heptyl Undecylenate – is used as emollient and skin conditioning agent in cosmetics and skincare products.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride – is a mixed triester derived from coconut oil and glycerine that works as emollient, solvent and dispersing agent.
- Polylactic Acid – is a viscous, liquid-like polymer of lactic acid that functions as an abrasive in skin care products.
- Methylpropanediol – is an organic glycol that functions as a solvent in beauty products and cosmetics to aid in the delivery of other active ingredients into the skin.
- Cetearyl Olivate – is composed of cetearyl alcohol and fatty acids derived from coconut oil that works as a non-ionic emulsifier that helps bind ingredients together in cosmetic formulas, usually ones with moisturizing properties, and works in conjunction with sorbitan olivate.
- Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate – is a polymer that functions as emulsion stabilizer and viscosity increasing agent.
- Cetearyl Isononanoate – is an ester of cetearyl alcohol and a branched chain nonanoic acid that is used in cosmetic and personal care products as a skin conditioning agent.
- Distarch Phosphate – is a product formed by the cross-linking of starch with sodium metaphosphate that functions as binder and anti-caking agent.
- Tocopheryl Acetate – is a form of vitamin E that is a chemical compound that consists of acetic acid and tocopherol. It is known to be a natural skin conditioning agent and antioxidant.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – is the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid that is a moisture-retaining ingredient in formulas, as well as a humectant.
- Sorbitan Olivate – is olive oil and sorbitan based surfactant used in cosmetic and personal care products.
- Caprylyl Glycol – is used as humectant and skin conditioning agent in personal care products. It also has the ability to increase antimicrobial activity of other preservatives.
- Encapsulated Retinyl Retinoate – is an exclusive patented ingredient that is said to be more effective yet less irritating than Retinol. It stimulates collagen synthesis and skin cell turnover.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate – is an ester of hexyldecanol and ascorbic acid used in cosmetics, personal care products and anti-aging products because of its ability to increase collagen levels, reduce melanin production, brighten skin, and repair the effects of UV exposure and other environmental damage.
- Hydrogenated Polydecene – is an end-product of the controlled hydrogenation of polydecene. It is a non-sticky emollient, as well as a skin moisturizer in skin care products.
- Glycerin – is naturally occurring alcohol compound derived from plant oils, or it can also be synthetically produced. It works as a humectant that keeps the skin hydrated while forming a protective layer that helps prevent moisture loss.
- Ethyl Ascorbic Acid – is a stable vitamin C derivative with excellent skin brightening activity and fast ability, as well as longer-term inhibitory effect on skin care products.
- Cholesteryl Nonanoate – is an emollient from the ester of cholesterol and nonanoic acid.
- Disodium EDTA – is a salt of edetic acid primarily used as a chelating agent, which can sequester and decrease the reactivity of metal ions that may be present in a product. It also used to enhance the foaming and cleaning capabilities of a cosmetic solution.
- Phenylpropanol – functions as solvent, fragrance ingredient and masking agent in personal care products.
- Hydroxyacetophenone – is a cosmetic ingredient with antioxidant and soothing characteristics.
- Canola Oil – is a low erucic acid rapeseed oil has restorative and skin soothing properties.
- Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract – is an extract of the fruit (bean) of the vanilla plant, Vanilla planifolia. It is primarily uses as fragrance and flavouring agent, as well as a source of catechins (also known as polyphenols), which have antioxidant activity and serve as skin-soothing agents.
- Cetearyl Alcohol – is a mixture of cetyl and stearyl alcohols that can come from vegetable or synthetic sources. It works as emollient, emulsifier, thickener and carrying agent for other ingredients contained in a cosmetic solution.
- Sodium Metabisulfite – is an inorganic salt used as preservative and reducing agent. It can also sometimes function as an antioxidant that prevents or slows down deterioration of formulas caused by chemical reactions with oxygen.
- BHT – is butylated hydroxytoluene, a toluene-based ingredient used as an antioxidant food additive that preserves fat and is also known to work synergistically with other antioxidants in a formula.
- Sodium Hydroxide – is a highly caustic and reactive inorganic compound used to control the pH levels in cosmetics and personal care products, as well as to serve as denaturant and buffering agent.
- Trideceth-10 – is a polyethylene glycol ether of tridecyl alcohol that is used in cosmetics and personal care products as surfactant and emulsifier.
Directions to use
After cleansing, apply a small amount of cream onto face, neck and décolleté. Leave to get absorbed before applying makeup or regular day and night regimen.
Since all vitamin A products encourage natural exfoliation so always wear sunscreen while using r-Retinoate.
Hands are the first place to show your age, apply a pump to the back of your hands to minimize signs of ageing.
Sweep behind the ears to boost collagen for a lifting and firming action on jawline and neck.
- The youth activating cream is an encapsulated form of retinyl retionate, which is said to be eight times powerful and effective than retinol in significantly lower doses.
- The r-Retinoate formula is combined with vitamins C and E, as well as sodium hyaluronate and glycerin, to effectively reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while making skin look more visually plumped, even and bright after four weeks.
- It is non-oily, fast absorbing and pleasantly moisturizing to address all signs of skin ageing.
- r-Retinoate has been the winner of multiple new technology awards including the Korean President’s Award for Technology.
- Medik8 did not include ingredient ratios contained in the formula.
- r-Retinoate is an expensive buy and only available online.
- BHT is an ingredient limited to only low concentrations of use (0.01 to 0.1%) but the amount used in the product wasn’t specified in the website.
- Sodium hydroxide, a component present in this product, is a known irritant.
Does Medik8 r-Retinoate have any side effects?
There is no report claiming this product has caused any harmful side effect. Although Consumers are advised to apply sunscreen while using this product due to its exfoliating effects.
Medik8 r-Retinoate is a youth activating cream that is said to be up to eight times more powerful and effective than retinol in significantly lower dosage. By fusing retinoic Acid with Retinol into a hybrid molecule that can exhibit properties of both materials and at the same time improve retinol outcomes without the retinoic acid side effects – is, as they say, a breakthrough in anti-ageing skincare.
This formula is an encapsulated form of retinyl retinoate combined with vitamins C and E, as well as sodium hyaluronate and glycerin, which can effectively reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while making skin look more visually plumped, even and bright after four weeks.
r- Retinoate, however, is not a product for purists – and there are two components that consumers need to look out for since their limited to only low doses. These are Sodium hydroxide and BHT. It would have been helpful had Medik8 provided for their ingredient ratios in the website. Add to that the expensive price tag and its availability to the market since it can only be bought online.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."