Kiehls Fine Line Reducing Serum Review
What is Kiehl’s Fine Line-Reducing Serum?
As per product’s official site, Kiehl’s is a skincare brand that traces its history back to old, late-1800s New York. Originally set up as an apothecary, Kiehl’s concocted natural regimens that helped relieve people of their ailments, that includes their skin care problems. Love Oil was the first product that put Kiehl’s on the radar, and in 2000, was acquired by the global industry giant, L’Oreal Group of Companies.
Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate, US $60 for a 1.7 oz. bottle, is a highly concentrated, anti-aging solution.
Kiehl’s Fine Line-Reducing Serum: Does it really work?
According to claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver the following improvements to your skin:
- Revitalize your skin to improve its texture, radiance and overall skin tone
- Deliver a high dose of Vitamin C to help boost cellular energy which, in turn, speeds up cellular processes
- Boost your antioxidant levels to provide better, more potent protection from environmental stressors and free radicals
- Exfoliate your skin to stimulate more efficient delivery of skin renewal mechanisms, including higher levels of collagen production
This product works by delivering multiple functions infused in a single formulation. It facilitates exfoliation, faster skin regeneration and renewal, and better antioxidant protection — all thanks to Vitamin C, and to some extent, Adenosine.
What are the ingredients in Kiehl’s Fine Line-Reducing Serum?
- Vitamin C (10.5%): A highly potent concentration of antioxidant that help re-energize your skin, renders astringent properties, facilitates exfoliation to help clear and purify your skin, and promotes better protection by acting as an antioxidant
- Adenosine: Boosts your cellular energy, this ingredient is key to speedier repairs, regeneration and renewal that, in turn, restores your skin’s overall health and normal functioning
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Pentylene Glycol: This ingredient is used in cosmetics and beauty products that is also secondarily used as a solvent and preservative. However, can cause skin irritation, dermatitis and hives from too many mast skin cells.
Benefits of Kiehl’s Fine Line-Reducing Serum
- This product contains a stable, very high potency concentration of Vitamin C guaranteed to help this product deliver as it has committed through manufacturer claims.
- This product is easy to use and easy to incorporate into your daily morning and evening skin care routines.
- The formula can be easily layered with other products in your regular skin care routine but may not get washed away easily making skin surface greasy.
Disadvantages of Kiehl’s Fine Line-Reducing Serum
- The manufacturer mentions that the product has “clinically demonstrated” delivery of skin improvements but, fails to share the details of the study.
- This product contains a large dose of silicones which can be harmful, pore-clogging and irritating to your skin.
- Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate reviews are show users who are either extremely satisfied or, extremely dissatisfied.
- It contains alcohol which may combat the moisturizing effects of the cream.
How to Apply Kiehl’s Fine Line-Reducing Serum
- Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate must only be applied to freshly cleansed and toned skin.
- Use this product as a regular part of your daytime and nighttime skincare routines.
- Layer with your favorite serums and creams.
Does Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including
- Increased risk for skin burn or inflammation due to a high Vitamin C concentration which depends on your skin’s tolerance for this formula
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs, chemicals that are used as a transport ingredient in skin care products to deliver ingredients deep into your skin but, which can easily become contaminated with toxins, including 1,4 dioxane, a confirmed carcinogen
Final Verdict- Kiehl’s Fine Line-Reducing Serum
Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate offers an additional way for you to address your aging skin problems using just 1 key ingredient, Vitamin C. While this product can be easily layered with other products in your routine, there are, in fact, other products that deliver the same multiple benefits with tried and tested ingredients, apart from just Vitamin C. That means, no more layering, and lesser chances of encountering product reactions that can lead to skin irritations.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."