Murad Clarifying Mask Review: Is This The Correct Choice For You?
Murad Clarifying Mask Description
Murad Clarifying Mask is a cleansing face masked designed to target and eradicate acne by sucking dirt and oil from the pores as it cleanses and calms redness. Murad, founded over 25 years ago by Dr. Howard Murad, is designed for skincare professionals to help customers attain beautiful skin. This mask can be purchased for $38 on the manufacturer’s site and at retailers like Ulta. Murad provides a 60-day money-back gaurantee.
Murad Clarifying Mask Ingredients
Below is the key ingredient list. You can find the full list on the manufacturer’s site.
- Sulfur 4.0%: This natural chemical fights acne and reduces the size and frequency of blemishes
- Zinc Oxide: This natural sunscreen also acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Licorice Root: A plant-based anti-inflammatory that reduces redness and swelling
- Kaolin Clay: Absorbs excess oil and dirt into itself to cleanse, purify, and mattify
- Salicylic Acid :Beta-hydroxy-acid that exfoliates and dissolves dead skin cells to dry up acne and restore the skin
Murad Clarifying Mask is meant to be used once a week, and it is designed to be paired with Murad’s other clarifying products. Apply in an even layer and leave it to dry for 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water and patting dry.
Murad Clarifying Mask Advantages
- Key ingredients target and reduce acne
- Works as a cleanser, absorbing and washing away dirt, oil, and impurities to brighten and clear the complexion
- Money-back guarantee available
Murad Clarifying Mask Disadvantages
- No documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied
- While a full ingredient list is provided by the manufacturer, no amounts for the ingredients are given
- Some of the ingredients in this formula can be harsh and irritating on skin
Murad Clarifying Mask is designed to target and dry up acne. It does so by pulling oil, dirt, and impurities from the skin and encouraging cell turnover with beta-hydroxy-acids. Be aware that acids like salicylic acid remove dead cells by dissolving them, and they can be irritating to some skin types. They can also cause sun sensitivity, so use sunscreen after using this product. While the full ingredient list is supplied by the company, no studies proving the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied, so it is hard to determine whether the product is as effective at acne prevention and reduction as the company claims. The company also does not provide the ingredient amounts, so it is hard to compare this formulation strength to similar products on the market. This product does have a number of good reviews on the website, but there are also very poor reviews from people with sensitive skin saying this product made their face red and caused peeling. Murad provides a 60-day money-back guarantee on all products purchased through their website or store fronts. There are many cleansing, acne-reducing face masks available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.