Neostrata Clarifying Facial Cleanser Review: Is It Really Effective?
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser Introduction
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser, US $32 for 6.8 fl. oz., is an anti aging gel cleanser that contains natural acid exfoliants and that is highly recommended for use by women and men with oily and blemish-prone skin.
What Does NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product can be expected to deliver the following benefits to promote your skin health:
- Deliver a significant moisture boost as it gives your skin a deeper, more intensive clean
- Gently lift and exfoliate your dead skin layer to stimulate the regeneration of a new layer to take its place
- Draw out and eliminate excess oils, dirt, and other impurities stuck in your pores to help rid your skin of infection causing bacteria
- Give your skin a comforting moisturizing and conditioning feeling that won’t leave it feeling thick and heavy
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is being marketed under the Neostrata brand, a brand that specifically caters to the anti-aging niche. The French multinational company, Safoni, manages Neostrata, a brand established in Canada. Given Safoni’s strong R&D tradition, operating businesses belonging to the pharmaceuticals and global life sciences industries, Neostrata has emulated this strong R&D practice in formulating its anti-aging skin care products.
Working of NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser
This product works by combining cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing solution in a 3.75 pH balanced product. By gently lifting off impurities from your skin. your younger, blemish-free and brighter skin will be revealed.
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser Ingredients
- Gluconolactone: Belongs to a relatively newer class of polyhydroxy acids, this ingredient renders both gentle exfoliating action as well as supports your skin in rebuilding and refortifying the protective outer barrier
- Mandelic: Acts on scars, it helps even out your skin’s surface texture while simultaneously adding to the exfoliating factor in this formula
- Salicylic Acid: A beta hydroxy acid, it best fits oily and acne-prone skin, it also gently sloughs away dirt, grime, and dead skin while regulating oil production and skin shedding
- Tea Tree Oil: Gives your skin a significant moisture boost, it also floods your skin with the free radical neutralizing antioxidants
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser Pros
- The pH level of the gel is just right for the natural acids to deliver their exfoliating functions.
- The formula includes anti-inflammatory ingredients that help cancel out the irritation that can be expected from an exfoliating cleanser.
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser Cons
- The manufacturer fails to present any study to prove product efficacy.
- This product may be too drying if you don’t have oily skin.
- NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser reviews are way too limited to serve as reliable sources of information when it comes to determining whether or not this product is worth your hard earned dollar or not,
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including Triethanolamine and Triclosan, both of which also have the potential to permanently damage your skin
- Increased risk for cancers due to the very high concentration of PEGs
- Increased risk for estrogen and other hormonal irregularities due to parabens
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser must be used as the first step of your daily morning and evening skin care regimen. Massage on skin for at least 3 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water. Use a soft washcloth to add more exfoliating action to your regimen. Quickly follow through with your misturizer.
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser reviews read:
- “Didn’t work for me. After I wash my face with this product have the same feeling like I washed my face with a hand soap. My skin got really dry and flaky.” — Customer on Dermcare Direct Ltd
- “I highly recommend this cleanser if you’re plagued with hormonal acne and have been struggling to find an effective cleanser. This cleanser doesn’t irritate or dry out the skin. The salicylic acid is excellent for acne, and it’s also a very mild exfoliant so it helps the product work deeper. ” — Okeefe14 on MakeupAlley
NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser contains an impressive lineup of ingredients that are specially helpful for taming and better managing oily and acne prone skin types. Unfortunately, these ingredients will only get into contact with your skin for a very brief period of time before you rinse it off, which is why it may not be able to deliver on its claims.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: