Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream Review: Does it Work?
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream SPF 15 is an anti-aging formulation specifically for reducing the visibility of wrinkles. It uses the primary active ingredient retinol which is proven to be a powerful anti-wrinkle ingredient. The formulation doesn’t just treat skin aging signs but it also works to prevent their development by protecting the skin from sun damage. The formulation also includes moisturizing and nourishing ingredients to keep the skin hydrated, soft and plump. It is a lightweight and non-greasy formulation that can be absorbed quickly by the skin. One container (1.4 oz.) is being sold online for $14.99.
Neutrogena is a well-known skin care brand under the Johnson & Johnson family of consumer companies. It claims to be the #1 dermatologist-recommended skincare brand in the world. The company has a good reputation for offering affordable skin care products.
- Retinol – This ingredient is common in anti-aging formulations because of its ability to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It has been shown to speed up cell turnover and help unclog pores, improving the appearance of the skin considerably.
- Vitamin E – It is a well-known antioxidant that helps maintain healthy skin and protects it from oxidative stress damage.
- Pro-Vitamin B5 – This is a skin moisturizing ingredient that prevents dryness and builds moisture level in the skin to help slow down the skin aging process.
- Ensulizole 1%, Octinoxate 6% (sunscreen) – It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Thus, it protects against one of the main causes of accelerated skin aging.
Apply Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream every morning after cleansing and drying your skin. Use a pearl-sized amount of the formula for your entire face and neck area. The product may cause a mild tingling sensation or some redness which is normal and temporary. In case of severe skin irritation, wash with water and discontinue use.
- The product is from a reputable skincare company
- The anti-wrinkle cream offers sun protection SPF 15
- It is affordable compared to other anti-wrinkle creams
- The formulation includes retinol which is a powerful anti-aging ingredient
- It also contains moisturizing ingredients and an antioxidant
- There are good feedback from users saying it works
- No independent clinical testing proves it is really effective
- There is no money back guarantee or free trial
- It is only formulated for fine lines and wrinkles
- Some users say it is not very effective especially for severe wrinkles
- There are users saying it causes moderate to severe skin irritation
Neutrogena Customer Review
- “I wouldn’t say I’ve noticed a difference, but I do like the feel of it. Light weight, not greasy, absorbs quickly. I like the night cream as well”- Amazon customer
- “Doesn’t do much for wrinkles but is a wonderful moisturizer.. I love the way it goes on my skin. Have used it for years”-Naama Firestone
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream is a good anti-wrinkle cream from an established skincare brand. It is affordable and the product uses proven anti-aging ingredients. The product also contains nourishing and moisturizing ingredients to slow down the aging process of the skin. It is worth trying if you are in the market for an anti-wrinkle product although there are better options on the market which are more effective.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.