Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Treatment Review: Is It Safe To Use?
Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment Introduction
Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment, US $35.94 for .75 oz. tube, is a spot treatment that helps purify your skin of acne causing bacteria using a 2.5 per cent concentration of benzoyl peroxide.
What Does Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following health and beauty impacts for the benefit of your acne-challenged skin:
- Purify your skin of acne-causing bacteria and clear it of stubborn and persistent blemishes
- Helps stop pores from becoming infected or re-infected so as to prevent future breakouts
- Deliver a low dose benzoyl peroxide concentration to help eliminate infection-causing bacteria without necessarily irritating your skin
- Treat acne breakouts with up to 70 per cent less irritation and without drying out your skin
Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment Manufacturer’s Detail
Neutrogena is marketed as a professionally formulated brand by one of the world’s largest multinationals, Johnson & Johnson. The company also manages other skincare brands, that includes Aveeno targeted for use by those with ultra sensitive skin types, and Clean and Clear which specifically targets teens. J&J currently has business interests in the consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices industries.
Working of Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment
This product works by delivering a low dose of benzoyl peroxide treatment to clear your skin of acne causing bacteria without irritating or drying out your skin in the same way that higher doses of the same would.
Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment Ingredients
- Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%): Clears and proven to purify skin of acne-causing bacteria, effectively winning back your skin from bacteria infestation while simultaneously promoting the prevention of future breakouts
Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment Pros
- This product has been certified by a dermatologist to be non-comedogenic.
- The manufacturer guarantees that this formulation is oil-free.
- The low dose concentration should be tolerable for most skin types, including even those with sensitive skin.
Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment Cons
- The product is a bit pricey relative to its counterparts.
- Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment reviews indicate that users noticed a change in the feel and effectiveness of the formulation.
Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including benzoyl peroxide which, if product indication is not closely followed, can lead to permanent damages to the skin matrix
- Increased risk for disruptions in otherwise normal endocrine functioning and possible irregularities in hormone levels due to parabens
- Increased risk for reproductive health related dysfunctions due to EDTA
Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment must be gradually worked into your skin. Begin with once daily application at night. Slowly use twice up to thrice daily. If your skin becomes inflamed or irritated, lessen frequency of product application. Always apply product on thoroughly cleansed skin for optimal product absorption and treatment effect.
Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment provides a low dose treatment that can easily satisfy the tolerance level of most skin types. With a vanishing cream formulation, the treatment can also be easily layered under your daytime makeup. Still, when it comes to these treatments, product performance and effectiveness will continue to vary from person to person.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: