Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Treatment Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment?
Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment, US $7.49 for .75 oz. tube, is a spot treatment that helps purify your skin of acne causing bacteria using a 2.5 per cent concentration of benzoyl peroxide. However it may cause skin dryness or peeling on skin.
Neutrogena is marketed as a professionally formulated brand by one of the world’s largest multinationals, Johnson & Johnson. The company also manages other skincare brands, that includes Aveeno targeted for use by those with ultra sensitive skin types, and Clean and Clear which specifically targets teens. J&J currently has business interests in the consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices industries.
Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment – Does it Really work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following health and beauty impacts for the benefit of your acne-challenged skin:
- Purify your skin of acne-causing bacteria and clear it of stubborn and persistent blemishes
- Helps stop pores from becoming infected or re-infected so as to prevent future breakouts
- Deliver a low dose benzoyl peroxide concentration to help eliminate infection-causing bacteria without necessarily irritating your skin
- Treat acne breakouts with up to 70 per cent less irritation and without drying out your skin.
This product works by delivering a low dose of benzoyl peroxide treatment to clear your skin of acne causing bacteria without irritating or drying out your skin in the same way that higher doses of the same would.
What are the Ingredients in Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment?
- Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%): Clears and proven to purify skin of acne-causing bacteria, effectively winning back your skin from bacteria infestation while simultaneously promoting the prevention of future breakouts.
- Sodium Hydroxide: It is used as a cleansing and denaturing agent but may cause skin burn.
Benefits of Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment
- This product helps to prevent skin breakout but may cause dryness or peeling on skin.
- The manufacturer guarantees that this formulation is oil-free.
- The low dose concentration should be tolerable for most skin types, including even those with sensitive skin.
Disadvantages of Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment
- The product is a bit pricey relative to its counterparts.
- Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment reviews indicate that users noticed a change in the feel and effectiveness of the formulation.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- According to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
Does Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment Have Any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including benzoyl peroxide which, if product indication is not closely followed, can lead to permanent damages to the skin matrix
- Increased risk for disruptions in otherwise normal endocrine functioning and possible irregularities in hormone levels due to parabens
- Increased risk for reproductive health related dysfunctions due to EDTA
How To Apply Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment
- Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment must be gradually worked into your skin.
- Begin with once daily application at night.
- Slowly use twice up to thrice daily.
- If your skin becomes inflamed or irritated, lessen frequency of product application.
- Always apply product on thoroughly cleansed skin for optimal product absorption and treatment effect.
Final Verdict:Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Treatment
Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment provides a low dose treatment that can easily satisfy the tolerance level of most skin types. With a vanishing cream formulation, the treatment can also be easily layered under your daytime makeup. Still, when it comes to these treatments, product performance and effectiveness will continue to vary from person to person.It offers 30 days return policy.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Acne Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."