Acne And Its Type: How Does Acne Affect Women And Know Their Types
Meryl Streep once said, “My advice: Don’t waste so much time worrying about your skin or your weight. Develop what you do, what you put your hands on in the world.” For most people, this can work but, probably not for people who have severe to noticeable cases of acne. It’s just that hard to come forward clean and confident when your face literally does not support the positive self-esteem that you want to convey.
Why Women Get Acne
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, an estimated 50 million Americans are affected annually by acne. In women, acne is driven by the following factors:
- Hormonal Changes: Puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, menopause and other conditions that affect hormones
- Stress: Disturbs the natural balance of hormones in the body
- Medications: Including birth control pills
- Hormones: Overactive oil glands were probably inherited from parents
- Unhealthy Lifestyle: Wrong food choices and lack of exercise
- Poor Hygiene: Including incorrect skincare products and routines
- Exposure To Polluted Environment: Dirt, dust, pollens and smoke all contribute to skin infection
The Many Types Of Acne
Other than the many factors triggering acne breakouts, the many different types of acne further complicates treatment of this condition. Below lists the 6 type of acne:
This is formed from infected pores but where the infection is kept enclosed by skin or hair from surfacing. Exfoliating should clear your skin.
2. Blackhead. This forms just like whitehead does but, it pops out of the skin. Oxidation causes it to appear black. Exfoliating should clear your skin.
These start out as a really painful spot on your face. Slowly, a swollen bump appears. It will heal on its own when left alone but, because it can be very painful, and normal healing takes several weeks, it may have to be treated early. You can try using Solvaderm Zeroblem Acne Treatment Serum Professional Strength, US $34, made from the combination of colloidal sulfur, zinc oxide and salicylic acid. Combined, these ingredients clear skin from impurities including dead skin and excess oils, lessening the probability of skin infections.
These appear like whiteheads but are locked underneath the skin. Unlike whiteheads, papules cannot be eliminated by squeezing out the oil. Hygienic pricking and deep exfoliation will be necessary to eliminate these.
These are accompanied by swelling and redness on the infected spot. A bump rapidly rises to the surface. It is further characterized by a white cap and usually an eye. The bump is filled with pus and blood. It often just heals on its own when left alone.
6. Cysts. The infection happens deep in the skin and infection can happen from underneath or on the surface. This type of acne can only be treated with prescription medications.
Acne can be very tricky. The solution boils down to basic health and hygiene though. After all, acne is how your body excretes the impurities you put it through.