Obagi-C Rx System C-Balancing Toner Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is Obagi-C Rx System C-Balancing Toner?
Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner is part of the Obagi-C Rx System — one line specifically formulated for normal to dry skin, and another made specially for normal to oily skin types. Pay attention to these specifics when picking up your Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner.
The product sells at $41 for every 198 ml bottle.
The Obagi Medical Products, Inc. based in Irvine, California has been formulating professional grade skincare products designed to address skincare issues like aging and sun damage, since 1988.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. now owns Obagi. Sold and distributed only in partnership with skincare professionals and clinics, Obagi is used and recommended only by people who know what’s best for your skin.
The company claims that Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner helps restore the skin’s natural pH level and deeply cleans your skin without leaving it dry.
However there are many other well known brands in the market with similar effects and ingredients and they come in a affordable range.
Obagi-C Rx System C-Balancing Toner – Does It Really Work?
Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner works by ridding skin of infection causing dirt, dust, dead skin cells, excess oils and even makeup residues. At the same time, Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner contains Vitamin C that protects your skin from the damaging effects of free radicals by neutralizing these.
Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner completes its skin benefits with the addition of witch hazel. This ingredient works as a natural anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and skin conditiong agent. It also helps resstore pH levels and soothes sun damaged skin.
The product also adds in moisturizing aloe to help soothe skin from irritation.
What Are The Ingredients In Obagi-C Rx System C-Balancing Toner?
The complete list of ingredients the Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner is formulated with are as indicated below:
- Water: helps in retaining the moisture of the skin making it moist and soft with a glowy effect.
- Hammamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water: This ingredient reduces inflammation, and decreasing oil and redness.
- Propylene Glycol: Helps active ingredients penetrate skin. However, it can cause rashes, dry skin, and surface damage.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: It reduce skin inflammation. Additionally, in Ayurvedic medicine, Aloe is used to effectively heal chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema. Although it may also cause rashes on the skin & itchy skin.
Benefits Of Obagi-C Rx System C-Balancing Toner
- Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner has been formulated to address skin issues involving large, hyperpigmentation. Although it may not be suitablr fo all skin types.
- This product help clear pores.
- This product Refreshes and balances the skin.
Disadvantages Of Obagi-C Rx System C-Balancing Toner
- Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner is not alcohol free. It contains the organic alcohol compound, propylene glycol which has been strongly linked to skin irritations and allergies.
- The product also contains methylparaben, from the line of parabens commonly used as preservatives in cosmetics and other beauty and skincare products.
- This product is not suitable for all skin types.
- This product is comparatively expensive.
How To Apply Obagi-C Rx System C-Balancing Toner
Wash skin with water and a mild skin cleanser before applying Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner. For best results, use with Obagi C-Cleansing Gel.
Does Obagi-C Rx System C-Balancing Toner Have Any Side Effects?
Unfortunately, Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner contains phenoxyethanol, an ingredient often used as preservatives and stabilizers in cosmetics and skincare products. The FDA recently issued a warning against the use of a product intended for nursing mothers which contains phenoxyethanol. The FDA cited possible adverse effects to the central nervous system as the main cause for citing the warning.
Final Verdict : Obagi-C Rx System C-Balancing Toner
Obagi-C C-Balancing Toner has not been quite formulated in careful consideration of more recent findings concerning risks associated with certain cosmetic and skincare ingredients. On the other hand, there isn’t really any unique or special about this product’s formulation that you cannot get from using another, more safely formulated toner. If you’re a big believer in Obagi, and truly it is a reputable company, you may still continue to use this product but, it is strongly suggested that you inquire about product safety from your trusted Obagi distributor first.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Toner formulations on the market in our opinion: