What is Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream?
Olay has become a household name for decades. It’s the brand most of our mothers and grandmothers trusted during their time and the brand continues to be among the most well respected to this day and age. Does the Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream, uphold the effectiveness and potency that have become attached to Olay products?
Before anything else, this product promises to address the problematic skin around the eyes. This area of the skin is the thinnest, contains less to no fat layer and is prone to wrinkling as a result of repeated facial expressions.
So, what’s in it that makes it a good solution for alleviating signs of skin aging from the eye area? The primary ingredients are mostly made with emollients and skin conditioners. The biggest ingredients will have to be palmitoyl pentapeptide-4 and niacinamide which may cause rash or itching on skin.The first ingredient boosts collagen levels in the skin. The latter acts as a powerful antioxidant that also relieves skin from inflammation and irritation.
Olay claims this product functions as DeCircler, DeWrinkler and DePuffer. By plumping skin around the eyes and brightening the appearance of dark skin, wrinkles and under eye circles become much less visible.There is no product price mentioned on its official site.
What are the Ingredients in Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream?
Key active ingredients are:
- Palmitoyl pentapeptide-4: Boosts collagen production levels.
- Niacinamide: Enhances the skin’s smooth texture and serves as an anti-aging ingredient owing to its natural anti-inflammatory properties but it may cause rash or itching on skin.
How To Apply Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream
- Use Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream only on cleansed skin.
- For best results, use day and night.
- Allergic reactions are always a possibility when using anti-aging products. For which reason, you must always perform a patch test before full use.
Benefits of Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream
- It contains niacinamide, one of the best antioxidants that can be derived topically for skin health.
- It contains peptides but it may cause redness on skin.
- Plumps skin which instantly lifts bumps and creases, making signs of skin aging less visible
Disadvantages of Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream
- Contains PEGs which are at a high probability for being contaminated with carcinogens.
- Contains parabens, endocrine disrupting chemicals used here as preservatives; have the potential of negatively influencing the otherwise normal functioning of the body’s essential organs, particularly those regulated by estrogens.
- Contains silicones, which leave product build up on the skin.
- Niacinamide benefits are only enhanced when combined with Vitamin C and Vitamin E which are not included in this formulation.
- Concealing effect is so subtle that it is unnoticeable; concealer effect may have been more practical if the eye cream were available in various shades to match different skin tones.
Final Verdict:Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream
When it comes to anti-aging creams, such as an eye cream, women and men can no longer seem to get enough from products that are available. Before you click that “order” button, it’s of prime importance to determine what is it really that you and your skin need and if this product can address these. Likewise, it’s also important for you to ask yourself, “Am I asking for a miracle?”. It does not offer money back guarantee.