Oriflame Royal Velvet Repairing Night Cream Review: Should You Buy This Night Cream?
Oriflame Royal Velvet Repairing Night Cream Overview
Oriflame Royal Velvet Repairing Night Cream, US $24 for a 50 ml jar, is an overnight treatment and intense moisturizing product to help correct day-to-day damage and visible signs of skin aging.
About Oriflame Royal Velvet Repairing Night Cream — Does it really work?
This product is brought to you by Oriflame, a skin care company based in Sweden that has been operational for over 45 years. Presently, the company distributes its products in at least 60 countries around the world. Among its many product lines are anti-aging products that promise to treat and correct visible signs of skin aging.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Promote firmer skin and improve skin elasticity
- Restore your skin’s ideal moisture and nutrient content overnight
- Protect your collagen and elastin fibers from becoming degraded too soon
- Give your skin a healthier state and a livelier bounce
- Improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
What are the ingredients in Oriflame Royal Velvet Repairing Night Cream?
- Ricinus Communis Oil (Castor Oil): Deeply nourishes your skin, it also has natural anti-inflammatory properties that promote skin clarity which, in turn, restores your flawless skin
- Beeswax: Intensively conditions your skin, it also helps your skin trap moisture in to keep your skin from drying out while still allowing your skin to breathe
- Pisum Sativum Extract (Pea): Protects collagen and elastin fibers in your skin from degradation, effectively inhibiting untimely break down so your skin stays denser, plumper and more volumized
- Iris Florentina Extract: It contains natural isoflavones that help stimulate faster and higher rates of production of skin precursors that includes collagen, resulting to a softer and smoother surface layer that fades the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Significantly raises your skin’s hydration levels by attracting water molecules from the surroundings, giving your skin a comfortably conditioned skin surface with a well-moisturized feel that lasts for hours
Directions to use
Oriflame Royal Velvet must be applied generously over freshly cleansed and toned face, neck and chest. For best results, complement with the Royal Velvet Day Cream during the day.
- Oriflame Royal Velvet is relatively inexpensive compared to other overnight treatment creams that promise to deliver the same benefits for aging skin.
- This product contains more preservatives and fillers than it does its key anti-aging ingredients.
- This product is not directly distributed by the manufacturer in many territories, including in the USA, where it is only available via online resellers.
- Oriflame Royal Velvet Repairing Night Cream reviews are severely limited, and hardly provide a useful reference for gauging actual product performance.
Does Oriflame Royal Velvet Repairing Night Cream have any side effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Oriflame Royal Velvet Repairing Night Cream:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol, synthetic fragrances and artificial colorants
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to chlorphenesin
- Increased risk for hormonal imbalances and related organ failures due to parabens
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for the development of various forms of cancers due to PEGs and imidazolidinyl urea, both of which are closely associated with carcinogens
Oriflame Royal Velvet Repairing Night Cream may make your skin an overnight sensation initially and temporarily. However, the formula simply isn’t made for any longer-term, lasting anti-aging benefits. At the very least, this can work to moisturize your skin but, not so much to fade your wrinkles and fine lines.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Neck Creams formulations on the market in our opinion: