SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub?
Is your skin rough, dry and difficult to manage? If you haven’t already done so, perhaps it’s time to include exfoliation as part of your regular (not daily) part of your skincare routine. If you have been exfoliating but still getting lifeless complexion, maybe it’s about time you tried another exfoliant.
Exfoliating is such an essential part of skincare because only by sloughing away old, damaged skin cells can newer, younger skin grow and surface. If dead skin cells are left floating over your skin surface, it leaves skin rough and your pores clogged. To aggravate matters, dead skin cells can trigger infection and lead to pimples, acne and blemishes.
With headquarters in the USA, SkinCeuticals is a brand of skincare products that was borne out of findings made from decades of skin cancer research. SkinCeuticals products are formulated with antioxidants that have been shown and proven by research time and again to support skin in reversing signs of skin aging and damage.
SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub brings the skin benefits of micro exfoliation previously available only in clinical settings, right in the convenience of your own home for as little as $30 for every 150 ml tube.
Skinceuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub: Does It Really Work?
SkinCeuticals formulate and manufacture skincare products that address issues concerning aging skin. SkinCeuticals. SkinCeuticals products are used and are highly recommended by skincare professionals.
Tough enough in ridding skin of dead and damaged skin cells and impurities, SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub is formulated with ingredients that give your skin intense exfoliation but mild enough not to cause further damage or irritation.
This product is best used to:
- promote treatment of acne
- improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of skin aging
- lighten blemishes
- correct hyperpigmentation and dark spots caused by sun and UV exposure
- tighten pores
- brighten overall complexion
SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub is formulated with diatomaceous earth microbeads derived from the depths of the sea. This ingredient is a natural exfoliant that effectively sloughs off dry, damaged and dead skin cells.
To soothe and calm exfoliated skin, the SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub is also infused with aloe. The aloe content provides treated skin with ultra hydration that protects skin from damage and irritation.
Periodic use of SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub results to smooth and even complexion.
What Are The Ingredients In SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub?
- Aqua/Water: helps in retaining the moisture of the skin making it moist and soft with a glowy effect.
- Propylene Glycol: Helps active ingredients penetrate skin. However, it can cause rashes, dry skin, and surface damage.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Pentylene Glycol: This ingredient is used in cosmetics and beauty products that is also secondarily used as a solvent and preservative. However, can cause skin irritation, dermatitis and hives from too many mast skin cells.
Benefits Of SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub
- Effectively exfoliates without overly drying nor unnecessarily wounding or hurting healthy skin cells.
- Supports skin cell turnover by stimulating skin cell repair.
- Promotes the surfacing of newer, more brilliant, and youthful looking skin.
- Glycerin in the formulation helps protect skin from extreme moisture loss.
Disadvantages Of SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub
SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub is not paraben-free. Product still makes use of Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben in the product formulation. Parabens have been found to mimic hormones and thus, affects the regulation of critical and natural body processes.
How to Apply SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub
- As, per the manufacturer claims apply a small amount to damp face and gently massage for a full minute. Rinse thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of scrub to a damp face. Gently massage for a full minute. Rinse thoroughly with water.
Does have SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub have any Side Effects?
SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub contains the controversial ingredient, phenoxyethanol which can damage the central nervous system.
Final Verdict: SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub
Frankly, there isn’t anything new or rare with the formulation of SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub. It’s up to you to decide if the risks are worth the prize.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: