Skinceuticals Ha Intensifier Review: Does It Work As It Is Claimed?
SkinCeuticals – H.A. Intensifier is a serum that increases the skin’s natural supply of hyaluronic acid to promote firmer skin, and can be used to treat the skin after using fillers. The serum is sold by SkinCeuticals, which also sells sunscreens, vitamins, and other skincare products. It is sold in a container of 1 ounce at a cost of $98. Customers can return the product for up to 90 days if unsatisfied with their purchase.
SkinCeuticals – H.A. Intensifier Ingredients
- Proxylane (10%): Supports skin’s natural levels of hyaluronic acid, promotes firmness.
- Licorice Root Extract (2%): Known to treat eczema. May counteract certain prescription medications.
- Purple Rice Extract (0.2%): Preserve’s skin’s levels of hyaluronic acid.
- Hyaluronic Acid (1.3%): Potent moisturizer naturally made by the body. Fights signs of aging, heals wounds, burns, skin ulcers, and moisturizes skin effectively. May also change how the body reacts to injuries.
- Glycerin: Occurs in nature. Moisturizes skin and maintains water levels.
- Adenosine: Restores skin, derived from yeast.
Clean skin. Apply 4-6 drops of the serum onto the palm of the hands morning and night. Massage onto face until fully absorbed.
SkinCeuticals – H.A. Intensifier Advantages
- SkinCeuticals – H.A. Intensifier contains various ingredients proven to restore the skin, promote firmness, and elasticity.
- The manufacturer allows returns on this product for up to 90 days if customers are not satisfied with their results.
- Improves the skin’s appearance, can be used as a treatment after fillers.
- Enjoys mostly positive customer reviews, and is free of dyes and parabens.
SkinCeuticals – H.A. Intensifier Disadvantages
- Though the product seems to have been thoroughly studied, and the manufacturer cites much data for its claims, its explanations for the tests conducted on the serum are vague.
- Licorice Root Extract, which is used in the serum, is known to counteract prescription medications if ingested.
- Some customers may hesitate to try the product due to its cost of $98.
- The serum seems to offer better results if using other SkinCeuticals products, and this may be a costly investment for some people.
SkinCeuticals – H.A. Intensifier increases levels of hyaluronic acid when used consistently. The serum can even be used as a treatment after having undergone skin treatments or getting fillers. Many customers have positive reviews for this serum, and much of the data cited by the manufacturer shows consumers can expect improvement in their skin’s appearance, moisture levels, and texture with consistent use. Still, the serum contains Licorice Root Extract, which is known to counteract some prescription medications. This could be a problem if customers who use the serum are also using certain prescription creams. Because of the types of ingredients used in the serum, consumers may also have to discuss the use of this product with a physician, a step that is unnecessary for most other over the counter skin serums. Other products are available that are more intuitive.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Hyaluronic Acid Serum formulations on the market in our opinion: