Sonage Presage Moisturizer SPF 15 Review: Is This Moisturizer Safe To Use?
Sonage Moisturizer Overview:
Sonage Presage Moisturizer SPF 15, US $35, is a moisturizer and mineral sunscreen in one.
About Sonage Moisturizer — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Sonage, the company that strives for you “To look good for one’s age”. It is a skin care company that draws influence from European skin care traditions.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Correct sun damage.
- Protect your skin from further deterioration and premature degradation.
- Delay aging effects caused by both internal and external causes of aging.
- Restore your skin’s youthful skin tone.
What Are The Ingredients In Sonage Moisturizer ?
- Zinc Oxide 5.0% Titanium Dioxide 2.5%: Mineral sunscreen agents that provide your skin with a physical sunblock protection that is safer and at much lower risk of endangering your overall health and well-being than chemical sunscreens.
- Almond Oil and Avocado Oil: Soothe your skin with the rich and calming feel of essential fatty acids, these ingredients also facilitate faster skin repairs and healing.
- Jojoba Seed Oil: Closely resembles your skin’s natural oil, it readily moisturizes your skin and is easily assimilated into various processes that renew and restore your skin.
- Superoxide Dismutase: A super antioxidant that provides your skin with a stronger protection from cellular damage due to UV, free radicals, stress, and other environmental factors, including pollution.
- Aloe Vera Leaf Extract: Facilitates faster skin healing, it also orchestrates the rebuilding and reconstruction of your skin’s natural protective barrier which improves your skin’s tolerance to irritation and other forms of inflammation, as well as help keep moisture locked in.
- Vitamin E: Delivers a soothing relief, it provides an intense moisture surge.
- Vitamin C: It re-energizes your skin cells to restore the life, vigor and radiance back to your otherwise dull and lifeless complexion.
Directions To Use:
Sonage Moisturizer may not be used on infants 6 months or younger. Spread a generous amount over your face at least 15 minutes before exposing your skin outdoors. If you are planning on spending longer time out in the sun, you may need to layer with a higher SPF sunscreen.
- Sonage Moisturizer uses only mineral sunscreens.
- This product is reasonably priced although it is still more expensive than drugstore sunscreen brands.
- This product only contains SPF 15, when most skin care specialists are recommending at least an SPF 30 for daily use.
- Sonage Moisturizer reviews are severely limited and do not provide a robust reference from which to gauge a collective perception of users.
Does Sonage Moisturizer Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Sonage Presage Moisturizer SPF 15:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients and silicones.
- Increased risk for diseases associated with the reproductive organs due to EDTA.
- Increased risk for neurotoxixity due to phenoxyethanol.
Sonage Moisturizer Customer Reviews:
Sonage Moisturizer reviews read:
- “I would put Sonage up with some of the best sunscreens I’ve used. Since Sonage is emollient, I found that I could replace my regular moisturizer with it, which is a plus for my combination skin. There were two negatives for me, however; one being the wide open-mouthed jar, which requires a tool of some sort to scoop out the product. The other negative has to with my skin tone rather than the product. I have olive skin, and as much as I enjoyed using Sonage, I found that it made me look rather pale…I would gladly choose Sonage.” — Vickie on TruthInAging
- “Overall, I am pleased with the product. It definitely has the look, smell and feel of a sunscreen though rather than a moisturizer to me although I am sure it delivers moisturizing benefits to my normal to dry skin. I will keep using it and see if my skin improves in hydration. If this product contained an SPF over 40, I would likely buy it as it would eliminate that extra step for me in adding sun protection. Also, if there was a way to make it smell and feel a little more luxurious, that would be an added reason to add it to my skincare regimen.” — Teresa G. on TruthInAging
Sonage Moisturizer offers real skin care benefits, albeit, these benefits are rather common and non-innovative. Still, the mineral sunscreen only formulation can still be a hit for you, most especially if you are deliberately avoiding toxic ingredients in your skin care products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: