St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Control Review:
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Control Overview:
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control, is a product that brings forward a better version of your skin, simply by sloughing off the debris masking it and providing the added benefit of drawing out impurities blocking your pores. Although Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrances
Based on the claims made by the manufactured, this product has been specifically formulated to deliver the following health and beauty benefits for your skin:
- Help cleanse and clear your skin of impurities, that includes excess oils and hardened grime stuck in your pores.
- Promote a cleaner, clearer and brighter overall complexion.
- Help relieve your skin of infections and infection-causing bacteria, while simultaneously stopping breakouts even before they begin.
- Give your skin a deep, refreshing cleanse that won’t cause your skin any pain or irritation.
- Enhance your skin’s health by encouraging faster and more efficient turnovers.
St. Ives is a skin care brand committed to bring together the best of the botanical ingredients to bring out only the best of your skin. For over three decades, St. Ives has been supplying the world with bath products and other personal care products that lock in the freshness and goodness of nature to be harnessed and enjoyed by people the world over.
SSt. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Control Ingredients:
St. Ives is a skin care brand committed to bring together the best of the botanical ingredients to bring out only the best of your skin. For over three decades, St. Ives has been supplying the world with bath products and other personal care products that lock in the freshness and goodness of nature to be harnessed and enjoyed by people the world over. St. Ives has been synonymous to the apricot scrub which is the UK’s No. 1 scrub.
Working of St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control
This product combines BHA and physical exfoliation to rid your skin of impurities and promote clarity.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control Ingredients
- Salicylic Acid (2.0%): A beta hydroxy acid that helps purify your skin by encouraging regeneration and turnover but also, by better managing skin flaking and renewal, as well as regulating excessive oil production, all of which helps you take control over your blemishes and acne problem
- Apricot Extract: Provides a deep moisturizing function that leaves the surface of your skin feeling silky smooth and supple to touch
- Walnut Shell Powder: Serves as the physical exfoliator in this formula, it rubs against your skin and facilitates sloughing off of toughened grime and debris to loosen, dissolve and eliminate the same from your skin.
- Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Control Pros:
- This product combines exfoliation from BHA and a physical exfoliator which is beneficial as these mechanisms complement each other. However there is no clinical evidence backing up this claim.
- The formula is rid of oils, so it won’t clog your pores.
- This product is not formulated with parabens.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Control Cons:
- Although the salicylic acid is at a potent concentration, the fact that this is a rinse off formula limits the contact it has with your skin and the amount of time it is allowed to impact your skin’s health.
- Scrubbing is generally not advisable for acne-prone and sensitive skin types.
- Many customer have complained that it does not give results as it claims.
- The product may be harsh to certain skin types.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrances
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to Triethanolamine
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to Methylisothiazolinone
How To Apply : St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Control?
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control must be applied on wet skin. Massage and blend in for a few seconds before rinsing off thoroughly with lukewarm water.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control will give your skin a good scrub although most of the clearing will still be courtesy of the walnut powder and not so much the salicylic acid which is a waste. Some people will have skin that can tolerate this while other people won’t be able to take it. In any case, AHA and BHA exfoliation will provide better results and will be more gentle to your skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: