Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin Review: Is This Moisturizer Safe To Use?
Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin Overview:
Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin, US $8.95 for an 8 fl. oz. bottle, is a moisturizing cream that can be safely used for the face and is generally recommended for use on chronically and extremely dry skin on the hands or any part of the body.
About Vanicream Lite Lotion For Sensitive Skin — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Pharmaceutical Specialties, Inc., a skin care company that was founded by two pharmacists. The company first gained popularity with its first-ever sunscreen product launched in the US in 1975. It became the alternative to chemically laden sunscreens. Today, the company is steadily growing its presence in international markets.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Dramatically boost your skin’s moisture content.
- Trap in moisture naturally produced by your skin.
- Facilitate relief from chronic dryness and healing for dry skin.
- Protect your skin from further drying out.
- Keep your skin well-moisturized continuously over longer periods of time.
What Are The Ingredients In Vanicream Lite Lotion For Sensitive Skin?
- White Petrolatum: Enhances your skin’s moisture content by coating the surface which helps keep moisture trapped in and prevents these from evaporating into thin air.
- Fatty Alcohols: Deep nourishes your skin with a hydrating feel that gives your skin a dewier and more supple texture while simultaneously supporting your skin’s natural healing mechanisms.
Directions To Use:
Vanicream Lite Lotion may be used on the face, hands or, any part of the body safely. Apply the cream as frequently as necessary. Ideally, this product must be used after cleansing your skin or bathing.
- Vanicream Lite Lotion is recommended by the manufacturer and even by dermatologists for use on dry, sensitive, and rosacea-prone skin.
- This product does not contain fragrances ingredients, artificial dyes, parabens, formaldehyde, and lanolin.
- This product is inexpensive.
- The formula uses petroleum as a primary ingredient which clogs pores and that can cause a burning sensation.
- This product sits on the skin and does not sink in leaving the skin with a warm feeling which sometimes turns sticky.
- Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin reviews indicate that users have a widely varying opinion about this cream — some people love it while some people just can’t live with it.
Does Vanicream Lite Lotion For Sensitive Skin Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including several synthetic ingredients.
- Increased risk for endocrine disruptions, including spikes and drops in estrogen levels and the accompanying irregularities in organ functions due to BHT.
Vanicream Lite Lotion For Sensitive Skin Customer Reviews:
Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin reviews read:
- “This is a horrible moisturizer it contains petroleum that is a byproducts of gasoline. Simethicone which is form of silicone that give a smoother application. Cetearyl Alcohol which is an emulsifier makes the product not separate or clump up and is irritating to the skin.Petroleum/simethicone leaves a film like plastic wrap on the surface of the face it never absorbs which clogs the pores. I avoid any face and body moisturizer with petroleum I hate how it just leaves a film and hard to wash off and always clogs my pores. Even body moisturizer with pertroleum cause my skin to feel suffocated, hot, sticky and tiny bumps on my arms/chest. I can’t believe this is even recommended by dermatologist.” — luusk1125 on MakeupAlley
- “HG cream for me. My skin has inexplicably become ultra-sensitive to products with strong chemicals or fragrances. I read about Vanicream on the boards and in reviews, but had trouble finding it locally until recently. So glad I did! The texture reminds me of DDF Ultra-Lite Moisturizing Dew, just a bit more watery. But, the lotion is very emollient. It rubs in pretty easily, holds moisture in, and most importantly… it has never irritated my skin! Love this.” — Refuge on MakeupAlley
Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin contains a lean lineup of ingredients. Although, several ingredients in the formulation are controversial, including its primary ingredient, petrolatum, and a product additive, Simethicone. Nevertheless, there is evidence supporting both the good and the bad sides of these ingredients. What matters more is that different people react differently to these components.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: