Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
what is Vanicream Lite Lotion?
As the companies sites, it’s a skin care company that was founded by two pharmacists. The company first gained popularity with its first-ever sunscreen product launched in the US in 1975. It became the alternative to chemically laden sunscreens. Today, the company is steadily growing its presence in international markets.
Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin, US $8.95 for an 8 fl. oz. bottle, is a moisturizing cream that can be safely used for the face and is generally recommended for use on chronically and extremely dry skin on the hands or any part of the body.
Vanicream Lite Lotion— Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Dramatically boost your skin’s moisture content.
- Trap in moisture naturally produced by your skin.
- Facilitate relief from chronic dryness and healing for dry skin.
- Protect your skin from further drying out.
- Keep your skin well-moisturized continuously over longer periods of time.
What Are The Ingredients In Vanicream Lite Lotion?
- White Petrolatum: Enhances your skin’s moisture content by coating the surface which helps keep moisture trapped in and prevents these from evaporating into thin air.
- Fatty Alcohols: Deep nourishes your skin with a hydrating feel that gives your skin a dewier and more supple texture while simultaneously supporting your skin’s natural healing mechanisms.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
How to apply Vanicream Lite Lotion
Vanicream Lite Lotion may be used on the face, hands or, any part of the body safely. Apply the cream as frequently as necessary. Ideally, this product must be used after cleansing your skin or bathing.
Benefits of Vanicream Lite Lotion
- Vanicream Lite Lotion is recommended by the manufacturer and even by dermatologists for use on dry, sensitive, and rosacea-prone skin.
- This product does not contain fragrances ingredients, artificial dyes, parabens, formaldehyde, and lanolin but still there are chances that it may react with sensitive skin.
Disadvantages of Vanicream Lite Lotion
- The formula uses petroleum as a primary ingredient which clogs pores and that can cause a burning sensation.
- This product sits on the skin and does not sink in leaving the skin with a warm feeling which sometimes turns sticky.
- Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin reviews indicate that users have a widely varying opinion about this cream — some people love it while some people just can’t live with it.
Does Vanicream Lite Lotion Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including several synthetic ingredients.
- Increased risk for endocrine disruptions, including spikes and drops in estrogen levels and the accompanying irregularities in organ functions due to BHT.
Final Verdict: Vanicream Lite Lotion
Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin contains a lean lineup of ingredients. Although, several ingredients in the formulation are controversial, including its primary ingredient, petrolatum, and a product additive, Simethicone. Nevertheless, there is evidence supporting both the good and the bad sides of these ingredients. What matters more is that different people react differently to these components.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: