Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser Overview
This product is formulated and distributed by Johnson & Johnson under the Aveeno Brand, although the brand itself has been around since 1945 long before it was taken over by the global consumer giant. Other than Aveeno, J&J also manages Neutrogena and Clean & Clear among many other well-recognized consumer goods.
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser, US $7.99 for a 6.0 oz. bottle, is a face wash cleanser that gives you a refreshing clean but also smoother and more radiant skin.
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser — Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Purify your skin and rids it of acne-causing bacteria.
- Improve the clarity of your complexion.
- Control existing breakouts and prevent future acne infections.
- Enhance your skin’s texture and even out your skin tone.
- Calm your skin and relieve it from irritations.
- Help you regain your flawless and blemish-free skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser?
- Salicylic Acid (0.5%): Works by helping the skin to shed dead cells from the top layer and by decreasing redness and swelling but incorrect use may lead to dryness and peeling of skin with hives and itchiness on the skin surface.
- Active Total Soy Complex: The foundation of all Aveeno products, this complex is primarily made from soy beans, well-recognized for their calming effect on the skin as well as its promotion of faster and more effective skin healing, in turn, it promotes a better toned and a more rejuvenated skin.
- Cocamidopropyl betaine: Derived from coconut oil, this ingredient softens tough debris and draws out impurities from your skin, dissolves this into the foam then, facilitates elimination from your skin as you rinse.
- Panthenol: This ingredient hydrates and strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier. Panthenol is the provitamin of B5 because and is used in cosmetics and beauty products primarily as a lubricant, emollient and moisturizer. But care should be taken in case of sensitive skin as it might cause redness
How to Apply Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser must be integrated into your morning and evening skin care routines as the first step before you apply your treatments and creams.
- Always follow through with your favourite moisturizer after washing.
Benefits of Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser is formulated without oils, which makes it ideal for use on combination to oily skin.
- This product will not cause your skin to dry out. But there are some customer reviews saying that the product caused their skin to break out.
Disadvantages of Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
- This product is formulated with a very low concentration of salicylic acid and, at 0.5%, it will hardly make any beneficial impact on your skin, probably other than giving it a refreshing cleanse.
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser reviews indicate that this product did not make any noticeable improvements on their skin, while some experienced a sudden breakout due to this product.
- This cleanser contains fragrance ingredients which makes it not recommended for sensitive and reactive skin types.
Does Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients, butylene glycol, and soybean.
- Increased risk for endocrine disruptions and organ failures associated with sharp fluctuations in hormone levels due to parabens.
- Increased risk for nerve damage due to phenoxyethanol.
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser is inexpensive for an Aveeno branded beauty bottle. While it will give you a refreshing cleanse, there’s pretty much nothing more than that for you to squeeze out of this package and you do get what you pay for. If cleansing is the only reason why you need it, it may be enough but, if you need to clear up your acne, a strategy is what you need.