Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser Review: Does This Cleanser Really Work?
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser Overview
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser, US $7.99 for a 6.0 oz. bottle, is a face wash cleanser that gives you a refreshing clean but also smoother and more radiant skin.
About Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser — Does it really work?
This product is formulated and distributed by Johnson & Johnson under the Aveeno Brand, although the brand itself has been around since 1945 long before it was taken over by the global consumer giant. Other than Aveeno, J&J also manages Neutrogena and Clean & Clear among many other well-recognized consumer goods.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Purify your skin and rids it of acne-causing bacteria.
- Improve the clarity of your complexion.
- Control existing breakouts and prevent future acne infections.
- Enhance your skin’s texture and even out your skin tone.
- Calm your skin and relieve it from irritations.
- Help you regain your flawless and blemish-free skin.
What Are The Ingredients in Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser ?
- Salicylic Acid (0.5%): Facilitates the exfoliation of your skin’s surface layer to improve your skin tone and promote a more radiant complexion, as it simultaneously supports faster skin turnover and prevents breakouts by regulating sebum production as well as skin shedding
- Active Total Soy Complex: The foundation of all Aveeno products, this complex is primarily made from soy beans, well-recognized for their calming effect on the skin as well as its promotion of faster and more effective skin healing, in turn, it promotes a better toned and a more rejuvenated skin
- Cocamidopropyl betaine: Derived from coconut oil, this ingredient softens tough debris and draws out impurities from your skin, dissolves this into the foam then, facilitates elimination from your skin as you rinse
Directions to Use
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser must be integrated into your morning and evening skin care routines as the first step before you apply your treatments and creams. Always follow through with your favorite moisturizer after washing.
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser is formulated without oils, which makes it ideal for use on combination to oily skin.
- This product will not cause your skin to dry out.
- This product is formulated with a very low concentration of salicylic acid and, at 0.5%, it will hardly make any beneficial impact on your skin, probably other than giving it a refreshing cleanse.
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser reviews indicate that this product did not make any noticeable improvements on their skin, while some experienced a sudden breakout due to this product.
- This cleanser contains fragrance ingredients which makes it not recommended for sensitive and reactive skin types.
Does Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser have any side effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients, butylene glycol, and soybean
- Increased risk for endocrine disruptions and organ failures associated with sharp fluctuations in hormone levels due to parabens
- Increased risk for nerve damage due to phenoxyethanol
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser Customer Reviews
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser reviews read:
- “Horrible for your skin with the Foaming agents on it. Dried my skin out. Yes the price is good but you pay for what you get.” — Eizabeth A. on influenster.com
- “This is so great for every season, for someone with acne! It doesn’t dry up your face and is great at clearing up acne with its matching clear complexion face cream! I have been using it for a year now and cleared my acne in about 3 months but I didn’t keep up with it and started breaking out again but it got out of control…so I recommend to keep using product because the results don’t last without keeping up the the regimen. Now I use heaver products for the dermatologist and worked out very well but I still use the cleanser to take off the first layer of makeup, before I exfoliate every night! Hope this helps!!! Should definitely buy!” — makayla c. on influenster.com
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser is inexpensive for an Aveeno branded beauty bottle. While it will give you a refreshing cleanse, there’s pretty much nothing more than that for you to squeeze out of this package and you do get what you pay for. If cleansing is the only reason why you need it, it may be enough but, if you need to clear up your acne, a strategy is what you need.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: