Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser Review: Is It Safe And Effective?
Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser Overview
Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser, US $43 for every 5.1 oz. bottle, is a face cleanser that also delivers mild exfoliation to clear your skin of impurities but also to help hold off early signs of skin aging.
About Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser — Does It Really Work?
From the creators of the Dermal Institute, Dermalogica was conceptualized to provide professional skin specialists the professional grade products that they need to deliver the highest quality service to their clients — a level of product quality not easily found in the market. The brand was established in 1986. Presently, it has a robust lineup of skin care products, all guaranteed professional grade.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Facilitates skin exfoliation, and faster regeneration and renewal.
- Washes off impurities from your skin.
- Improves your overall skin tone while also promoting a brighter overall complexion.
- Enhance the smoothness and overall texture of your skin.
- Improves skin synthesis and strengthens it to give you an infection-free and blemish-free skin surface.
What are the ingredients in Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser?
- Lactic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates your skin gently, promoting faster skin turnover.
- Vitamin E: Deep nourishes your skin, it also helps strengthen your skin surface and make it more resilient to damage and multiple signs of aging.
- Rose Flower Oil: Restores your skin’s moisture content, it also has natural toning properties that promotes tighter pores and a smoother skin surface.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: Softens toughened debris, dissolves these then, facilitates elimination from your skin.
Directions to Use
Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser must be used just like any cleanser. Use once or twice daily depending on your skin’s tolerance. Massage on skin, away from your eye area. The manufacturer recommends using this after Dermalogica PreCleanse, and then layering after with the Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF30 for your morning routine.
- Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser has a creamy base that allows impurities to soften and dissolve into it faster.
- This product does not contain artificial colorants and fragrances.
- Product reviews say that this product delivers both instant and long-term skin improvements,
- This product had several users detest the “weird” and “unusual” smell.
- Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser reviews indicate that this product can feel too drying on the skin for users who reported having different skin types, and therefore may not be suitable for your skin or, not appropriate for twice daily use.
- This could be an expensive buy for a cleanser.
Does Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including lemon extracts and a long list of synthetic ingredients.
- Increased risk for diseases of the reproductive organs due to EDTA.
- Increased risk for nerve damage due to phenoxyethanol.
Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser Customer Reviews
Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser reviews read:
- “A cleanser is supposed to do one thing: clean; unfortunately, this so called cleanser does not. I do not wear foundation, only tinted moisturizer so it’s not like the cleanser has a particularly difficult job to do but apparently Dermalogica’s cleanser does. I have tried time and time again to use it in different locations of my face and neck to see if there was one area where it worked better and alas, it didn’t worked anywhere. I had to throw it away (thank goodness I didn’t buy the large size) because it was useless.” — Ukleder on makeupalley
- “I love this cleanser! I only use it at night since it can make my skin a little dry. I get the Power Resurfacing Peel every three weeks, and combined with this face cleanser, my skin has never looked better. I’m 37 and people say I look much younger. This product helped diminish fine lines and hyperpigmentation, and my skin is much softer. It’s worth the price and I definitely recommend!” — Ashley5 on ulta
Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser gives you skin beyond just well-cleansed. However, as users have indicated, the added exfoliating benefit may be too harsh for a twice daily cleanse and, worse, the formula might not suit your skin well altogether. Keep in mind that skin dryness is one of the most common causes of premature aging, and that is not a compromise that you can take — ever.