Avene Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream
Skin anti-aging science continues to improve. It seems that there will indeed come a day when we should all say goodbye to risk and invasive procedures just to get those wrinkles off of our face. And, it seems as if the most effective ingredients so far are the ones that are found in nature and in the body itself.
Scientists behind Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream knew that exactly, and made nature and the body itself their primary weapons in combating the signs of skin aging.
About Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream
Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream retails for $37.50 for every 30 ml tube.
Clinical studies have shown that the Avene Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream formulation effectively improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without causing skin irritations. The product claims to use ingredients that are proven to be effective and guaranteed to be non-irritating even to people with overly sensitive skin types.
Manufacturer Information and its claims about Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream
Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream is manufactured by Avène, a dermatological institute that also operates the Avène Dermatological Hydrotherapy Center located at the Haut-Languedoc National Park in France. The center caters to patients suffering from all types of extreme skin diseases that include atopic dermatitis, eczema, burns and scars, and psoriasis.
Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream is based on decades of experience working with various products and techniques, and knowledge on how the skin behaves.
The manufacturer claims that the Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream has been carefully designed and formulated to help reverse signs of aging and protect it from further damage. The company also claims that the product works for normal to combination, and sensitive to aging skin types.
How Does Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream Work?
Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream helps treat and reverse skin damage that cause skin to age by boosting the skin’s levels of Vitamin A, known to help repair skin; peptides, the building blocks of skin; and, Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that also smoothens skin and helps skin fight the skin damaging effects of free radicals.
To reduce skin irritation that may be brought about by these very active ingredients, the formulation is also infused with 5% thermal spring water. This ingredient, according to Avène, helps calm skin, relieves redness, and protects skin from hypersensitivity.
Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream consists of three patented ingredients, as follows:
- Retinaldehyde (0.1%), a simpler form of Retinol which has been reported to be more easily absorbed and broken down by the body. Retinaldehyde helps firm up and stretch skin to rid it of fine lines and creases.
- Relastide (0.1%), a peptide that stimulates elastin production. It promotes skin repair and restructuring and encourages the resurfacing of new skin.
- Pre-Tocopherol (0.1%), a precursor of Vitamin E which has been shown through research to be a more stable form of Vitamin E.
The complete ingredients list is enumerated below:
Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Squalane, Propylene Glycol, Glycol Montanate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, BHT, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Red 33 (CI 17200), Retinal, Triethanolamin
Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream Benefits
- Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream is manufactured by Avène, a highly reliable skin research institution
- Consists of highly potent active ingredients that have been scientifically shown to produce results as claimed by the manufacturer
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
- Especially formulated to cater even to hypersensitive skin types, so that formulation is very mild
- Delivers skin anti-aging results that are visibly and noticeably more improved
- Improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging
- Product is backed by sound science
- Product is relatively more affordable and inexpensive compared to other anti-aging creams with similar product claims
Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream Drawbacks
No product drawback has been noted, except that retinaldehyde may stain fabrics.
Use nightly; never use during the day since the product contains a retinol precursor that can breakdown when exposed to the sun.
Apply to your face and neck religiously. Never layer with another product as substances may react.
For external use only. Product is not meant as a treatment for any sort of injury or health conditions. Use only as directed.
Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream Side Effects
Since the product contains a Vitamin A derivative, the possibility of irritation is always present. Do a patch test to check how you react to the product before use.
Who can use Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream
Only men and women with mature skin should use Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream.
Pregnant women and lactating mothers must generally refrain from using this product.
Avène Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream seems to have been meticulously prepared by leading practitioners in skin science. At only $30 a jar, this product should be worth trying out.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.