Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment Review: Is It Good For Your Skin?
Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment Description
Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment, US $7.37 for 0.5 oz., is a spot treatment in gel form that helps relieve inflamed and irritated skin of blemishes even before a breakout starts. More specifically, this product promises to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Disinfect and relieve swelling, redness, and blemishes even before a breakout starts
- Unclog your pores and draw out impurities to purify these
- Reduce inflammation that relieves your skin from patchiness, redness and other signs of skin irritation
Benzac, owned and managed by Galderma, is a brand dedicated to formulate topical acne treatments that work like prescription acne treatments.
Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment Ingredients
- Salicylic Acid (2.0%): A beta hydroxy acid that purifies your skin and pores, improves your acne, helps prevent new blemishes from forming, and provides your skin with gentle exfoliation that stimulate the regeneration of a new layer
- East Indian Sandalwood Oil: Infused in this formula in pharmaceutical grade, has natural anti-inflammatory properties that soothes and clams irritated skin, helping relieve it from itchiness, redness and other signs of inflammation that ruins your otherwise flawless complexion
How To Apply: Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment
- Use Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment up to twice daily (probably less for very sensitive and problematic skin).
- Following a thorough cleansing and toning.
- Gradually work up frequency of product use to allow your skin to adjust to the product which should avoid adverse product reactions.
Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment Advantages
- This product is formulated for daily use on any skin type.
- This product contains ingredients with well known anti-inflammatory properties that relieve skin of irritation caused by acne and
- the BHA in this product itself.
Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment Disadvantages
- This product is formulated with drying alcohols, highly irritating and damaging ingredient that, with regular skin exposure, permanently compromises your skin’s spongelike qualities.
- Formula is laden with toxic ingredients that include phenoxyethanol and parabens, and irritating ingredients including butylene glycol, fragrances and witch hazel, which roughly takes up about half of the full product ingredient list.
- This product has a limited distribution network, and is mostly available only online via reseller sites which makes these product hard to access and difficult to establish authenticity.
- A Benzac spot treatment review by a product user has pointed out how the burning sensation and harsh formulation may not make this product suitable for use by people with sensitive or problematic skin
Some users may initially find Benzac Intensive Spot Treatment to be helpful in clearing their blemishes and in helping prevent new breakouts. Sadly, there are too many potentially permanently skin damaging ingredients in this formula, alcohol most especially, that will probably outweigh the benefits that can be derived from this acne treatment. If you have sensitive skin, you will feel the adverse effects sooner should you decide to use this product.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: