Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion?
This product is brought to you by Galderma Laboratories, Inc., a skin care company with Swiss origins that was created from a collaboration between Nestlé and the L’Oreal Group. Galderma became a fully owned subsidiary of Nestlé in 2014. Cetaphil as a skin care brand traces its origins to the late 1940s when it was first distributed in select pharmacies. Cetaphil became highly recommended by skin and medical professionals, owing primarily to its fragrance-free formulations.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, US $13.99 for a 16 oz. pump bottle, is a rehydrating moisturizing formula specially made to cater to the moisturization requirements of chronically irritated, sensitive and highly reactive skin types.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion — Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Boost the moisture content of chronically dry and sensitive skin.
- Support skin types with inherent difficulties to capture and retain sufficient amounts of moisture to stay better hydrated in spite of its condition.
- Help your skin bind moisture better to minimize significant loss of your skin’s water content.
- Prevent skin inflammation caused by dryness.
What Are The Ingredients In Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion?
- Glycerin: A powerful emollient that replenishes a significant volume of moisture your sensitive skin requires to become restored and revived.
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene: Lubricates the surface of your skin to give you instant relief and comfort from the inconvenience brought about by dry skin.
- Macadamia Nut Oil: Enriched with essential fatty acids, it delivers an instant, soothing relief to chronically irritated skin that helps calm your skin as it simultaneously works to restore optimal moisture levels that smoothen your skin’s surface texture as well as promote softness.
- Vitamin E: It works to block free radicals from the body, which play a large part in the aging process. If we can fight off free radicals, then we can reduce wrinkles and keep the skin youthful-looking.
- Panthenol: Coats your skin with a thin film that supports enhanced hydration by conditioning the surface while improving your skin’s ability to hold water while minimizing surface water loss.
How to Apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion must be generously smoothed on skin night and day. Liberally apply throughout the day whenever you feel your skin’s need for a moisture boost.
Benefits of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is fragrance-free and which minimizes sensitization caused by fragrance allergens commonly found in cosmetics and personal care products.
- This product has been said by the manufacturer to be safe for use on sensitive skin but there is no guarantee mentioned on its official site.
Disadvantages of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
- This product contains a tight list of ingredients with little prospect for longer-lasting results.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion reviews indicate that this product may not provide sufficient moisturization for drier skin types.
- The ingredients present may not be suitable for all skin types.
Does Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several synthetic ingredients, including silicones.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain-related dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
Final Verdict- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion frankly contains common ingredients in skin care that will likely provide instant skin conditioning on product contact. However the smooth, silky skin effect will likely not last and will be practically gone as soon as product use is discontinued.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."