What Is Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion?
Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion, is a sunscreen formula specially made with people who have a more active lifestyle in mind. Although it contains certain ingredients which may cause skin irritation.
This product is brought to you by Bayer, a major multinational based in Germany with business interests in the pharmaceutical, consumer healthcare, life sciences, agricultural chemicals, and animal care. Coppertone is a brand that was first introduced in the US market in the 1940s.
Later, it was acquired by Schering-Plough which turned it into a global brand then, Merck & Co controlled the brand, before Bayer eventually got hold of the product line and remains to be the current driver of Coppertone formulations, marketing and distribution worldwide.
Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion — Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays.
- Prevent sunburn, irreversible skin damages, and photoaging.
- Decreases the risk of skin cancer when used as part of a more comprehensive sun protection strategy.
What Are The Ingredients In Coppertone Sport Sunscreen Lotion?
- Avobenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate, Octocrylene (active ingredients may differ in composition and concentration depending on the variant used): Chemical sunscreen agents that protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, these shield your skin from damage, including irreversible signs of skin aging.
- Vitamin E: Keep conditioning your skin as it gets ample sunscreen protection.
- Silica: Promotes better hydration that helps maintain the ideal moisture content of your skin.
- Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
How To Apply Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion
- Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion must be applied on skin at least 15 minutes before going out into the open.
- The formula stays potent for up to 80 minutes so reapplication is necessary at least every 2 hours throughout the day.
- Reapply after getting your skin wet with sweat or water.
Benefits Of Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion
- Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion is extremely waterproof and sweat-proof, keeping your skin well-protected so that you can focus on whatever it is that you need to do.
- This product is available in SPF 15, 30 and 50, allowing you to choose how much UVB protection you need based on your skin and the nature of your activity.
- The formula is made to be water resistant for up to 80 minutes. Although many user reviews say it isn’t very effective.
Disadvantages Of Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion
- Some users may not like the strong chemical scent of this product.
- Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion reviews indicate that the thick consistency does not allow this product to immediately blend well into skin on.
- This product may cause a burning sensation.
- This product may not be suitable for all skin types.
Does Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including chemical sunscreen actives and fragrance ingredients.
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol.
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs and EDTA.
- Increased risk for endocrine disruptions and related organ dysfunctions due to chemical sunscreen agents.
You May Also Like – Clinique Sunscreen Reviews and Noreva Exfoliac Matifying Sun Care Fluid SPF 50 Reviews
Final Verdict : Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion
Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion is specially formulated to suit the sun protection requirements of people who lead active lifestyles. Unfortunately, this is made with chemical sunscreen agents that have been demonstrated to have adverse effects on users’ health.