Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion Review: Is This Sunscreen Safe To Use?
Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion Overview
Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion, US $20 for 7 fl. oz, is a sunscreen formula specially made with people who have a more active lifestyle in mind.
About Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Bayer, a major multinational based in Germany with business interests in the pharmaceutical, consumer healthcare, life sciences, agricultural chemicals, and animal care. Coppertone is a brand that was first introduced in the US market in the 1940s. Later, it was acquired by Schering-Plough which turned it into a global brand then, Merck & Co controlled the brand, before Bayer eventually got hold of the product line and remains to be the current driver of Coppertone formulations, marketing and distribution worldwide.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays.
- Prevent sunburn, irreversible skin damages, and photoaging.
- Decreases the risk of skin cancer when used as part of a more comprehensive sun protection strategy.
What Are The Ingredients In Coppertone Sport Sunscreen Lotion?
- Avobenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate, Octocrylene (active ingredients may differ in composition and concentration depending on the variant used): Chemical sunscreen agents that protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, these shield your skin from damage, including irreversible signs of skin aging.
- Glycerin and Vitamin E: Keep conditioning your skin as it gets ample sunscreen protection.
- Silica: Promotes better hydration that helps maintain the ideal moisture content of your skin.
Directions To Use
Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion must be applied on skin at least 15 minutes before going out into the open. The formula stays potent for up to 80 minutes so reapplication is necessary at least every 2 hours throughout the day. Reapply after getting your skin wet with sweat or water.
- Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion is extremely waterproof and sweat-proof, keeping your skin well-protected so that you can focus on whatever it is that you need to do.
- This product is available in SPF 15, 30 and 50, allowing you to choose how much UVB protection you need based on your skin and the nature of your activity.
- User reviews indicate that this product does not leave your skin with a greasy-after feel that can cause you to perform poorly, that includes preventing you from accidentally slipping.
- The formula is made to be water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
- Some users may not like the strong chemical scent of this product.
- Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion reviews indicate that the thick consistency does not allow this product to immediately blend well into skin on.
Does Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including chemical sunscreen actives and fragrance ingredients.
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol.
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs and EDTA.
- Increased risk for endocrine disruptions and related organ dysfunctions due to chemical sunscreen agents.
Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Lotion is specially formulated to suit the sun protection requirements of people who lead active lifestyles. Unfortunately, this is made with chemical sunscreen agents that have been demonstrated to have adverse effects on users’ health.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: