Clinique Sunscreen Reviews : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is Clinique Sunscreen?
Here comes the sun! Exciting alright but chill for a moment. Before you hit the beach and bask in the sun, it will do you good to be reminded that UV radiation is dangerous, causes your skin cells to become damaged, skin to look aged, and at worst, cause skin cancer. If you can’t help but be under the sun, lather on sunscreen on your face and all over your body. Just know that sunscreens aren’t sufficient enough to provide you with absolute protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays, so stay in the shade as much as you can, refrain from tanning, and put on your sunglasses, long-sleeved shirts and broad brimmed hat to add more physical barriers between your skin and the sun.
Clinique is well reputed for having started the trend of putting in more science into the formulation of commercial skincare products – thus, the white lab gown that is so characteristically Clinique. Naturally, Clinique has released several sunscreens over the years, a number of which have been lauded for their superior and well-thought out combination of ingredients. Four of Clinique’s most recognizable sun care products are as follows:
- Clinique Sun Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Cream: Designed with Clinique’s proprietary Innovative SolarSmart technology, this face sunscreen goes beyond providing your skin with physical and chemical UVA and UVB blockers. This product is infused with powerful antioxidants that help provide another layer of protection to your skin while also preventing damage that may be caused by oxidative stress as a result of sun exposure but it may cause skin dryness as it contains alcohol. This product, which retails for $25 for a tube.
- Clinique After-Sun Rescue Balm with Aloe: After having fun under the sun, it is advisable that you give your skin a more special than usual pampering to relieve it from possible irritation and damage incurred from sun exposure. Lather on with the Clinique After-Sun Rescue Balm with Aloe, infused with the skin calming and soothing effect of natural aloe vera, this product also helps your skin rebuild its natural barriers so skin is better able to lock in moisture and keep it from drying and flaking.
- Clinique Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Body SPF 30. Owing to the controversies surrounding chemical sunscreens and how they are endangering people’s health, more and more interest has been recently poured into the development of mineral sunscreens. Being an industry leader, Clinique made sure it had its take on mineral sunscreens, among the products it formulated is the Clinique Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Body SPF 30. Its sheer formula provides broad spectrum protection by reflecting harmful UV rays but may cause rash on skin due to Butylene glycol. It is easily absorbent but will not irritate skin and will not leave a greasy feel. It is sold at $32 for 125ml on it’s official site.
- Clinique Mineral Fluid for Face SPF50. To complement the preceding product, Clinique formulated its Mineral Fluid for Face SPF 50, offering very high level of sun protection, and similarly textured as its lotion counterpart but gentle enough to be applied on skin around the eyes. However it may cause redness on applied area.It is available at $27.50 for 30ml.
Clinique Sunscreen – Does it Really work?
All three sunscreen products are formulated with a complex combination of either chemical or mineral sunscreen ingredients. All are infused with antioxidants that add an additional layer of protection for your skin, while simultaneously protecting your skin from potential damage caused by sun exposure.
The after-sun product works by soothing and calming skin with aloe vera. Aloe Vera is the best ingredient to be similarly composed and textured like the outer layers of skin, making it easily absorbable and instantly allows your skin to use it for skin repair and rebuilding.
What are the Ingredients in Clinique Sunscreen?
Full ingredients list is available only for two of the four products:
- Stearic Acid: It has cleansing properties so that it is used remove dirt, sweat and excess sebum from the skin.
- Butylene Glycol: Preservative that prevents products from drying out.However it may cause a rash around the eyes or skin irritation.
- Shea Butter: These is for soothing, nourishing and moisturizing skin so that it will return to its natural, healthy state after treatment. It also reduces skin Inflammation.
- Ferulic Acid: It cause premature ageing of skin, including under eye wrinkles.
- Aloe Vera: It reduce skin inflammation. Additionally, in Ayurvedic medicine, Aloe is used to effectively heal chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: This is salt that is potent in boosting skin moisture level while sealing the existing moisture, thus keeping the skin dewy, tight and flexible. It also helps to smooth skin inflammations.
- Squalene: This is a type of lipid derived from olive and aids in maintaining the health of the skin by hydrating, smoothening and softening it.
Clinique Sun Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Cream. Active:
After-Sun Rescue Balm with Aloe:
Benefits of Clinique Sunscreen
- All products provide high performing sunscreen complexes provide high levels of sun protection for your skin.
- The mineral sunscreens provide an alternative sun protection product that effectively shields skin from both UVA and UVB sun rays by reflecting back the rays with mineral ingredients that do not degrade when exposed under the sun. However it may causes redness or rash on applied area.
Disadvantages of Clinique Sunscreen
How To Apply Clinique Sunscreen
Does Clinique Sunscreen Have Any Side Effects?
Final Verdict : Clinique Sunscreen
These four products provide a great sunscreen protection. Many times, sunscreens do not have the same effect for all skin types because of the active ingredients and highly irritating ingredients which sunscreens are formulated with. The only way for you to find out is to test them. If your skin can tolerate it, you may be better off using the mineral sunscreens. This product do not offer Money back guarantee.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."