DIY Recipes: How To Remove Stubborn Blackheads Using HoneyAdvertising Disclosure ?
It’s sweet, it’s healthy, and it’s good for your skin. There’s no more secret and it’s an undeniable truth: honey holds many skincare benefits just waiting to be harnessed. The good news is that access to honey is easy. The best part? It’s so inexpensive, you can practically use it every day — honey for blackheads removal, relief from dry skin, and anti-aging prevention, just to name a few.
Benefits Of Honey For Your Skin
Apart from the usual functional role of honey as a humectant and moisturizing agent, listed below are other lesser-known benefits that using honey for skincare can render for your skin, based on a review published in the Journal of Cosmetological Dermatology in 2013:
- Antimicrobial. The methylglyoxal in Manuka Honey is gaining more popularity in skincare precisely for its strong antimicrobial property. This property also makes honey good for relieving skin of acne infections and stopping breakouts. Honey has also been used for disinfecting wounds and burns. Numerous studies, including one published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy published in 2005, demonstrate the effectiveness of honey for disinfecting purposes. This particular study demonstrated the power of honey in defeating staphylococci.
- Anti-inflammatory. Honey has been used to treat chronic skin conditions characterized by extreme dryness, itching, and swelling, including psoriasis, diaper rash, hemorrhoids, and skin fissures.
- Anti-aging. Honey helps inhibit skin creasing and wrinkle formation by keeping skin well-hydrated and well-conditioned.
- pH regulating. This supports controlled sebum production, as well as promotes skin clarity by making skin less favorable to the growth and proliferation of bacteria and other skin infection-causing pathogens.
- Antioxidant. Honey is rich in natural polyphenols, thanks to the antioxidant-rich flower nectars from which it is derived from. This gives honey a protective function that shields skin from the skin cell-damaging effects of free radicals and other environmental stressors.
How To Remove Blackheads With Honey?
Can honey help to remove blackheads? If blackheads count among your skin’s perennial problems, honey just might hold the key to finally resolving your blackhead issues — and even goes beyond that. Blackheads are a common problem and may even feel like a mainstay on your skin simply because your skin is regularly exposed to factors that drive it — pollution, stress, hormonal changes, impurities, product residues — and the problem gets worse when you have oilier skin.
Below are homemade skin concoctions that use honey as the main ingredient for relieving and eliminating blackheads that will likely give even the best acne treatment products a run for their money. Follow these six skincare recipes that show you exactly how to remove blackheads naturally:
1. DIY Honey With Lemon Scrub To Clear Blackheads.
All you need are these two ingredients plus coarse sea salt. Combine all ingredients together and scrub away with a light massage. This scrub combines the rich Vitamin C content of lemon to strengthen your skin’s resilience against damage, and the antibacterial property of honey. This gives you the added benefit of lightening your skin tone so, if you’re also seeking that skin improvement, you’ll be hitting two birds with one stone using this recipe.
2. Blackhead Removal With Honey And Almond Milk Cleanser.
Use two tablespoons of raw honey to mix with every cup of almond milk for this recipe. This recipe cleanses your skin with a mild yet intense wash that nourishes your skin with the deep moisturizing feeling of honey and almond milk. To pack even more skin conditioning power, feel free to add in two tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil to the solution. This concoction perfectly suits drier and aging skin types.
3. Honey And Egg White Face Mask To Get Rid Of Blackheads Fast.
Take the white part of a medium-sized egg. Mix with a tablespoon or two of raw honey. Spread evenly on freshly cleansed or exfoliated skin. Leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water only, no need to use cleanser or, take a cotton ball, soak it in lukewarm water and use that to wipe off the mask from your face. This mask is especially beneficial if you have large pores. The egg whites do not only draw out stuck impurities but also tighten your pores, helping make it unlikely to grow back blackheads again.
Related: Acne Treatments that Really Work
4. Honey And Oats Mask To Remove Blackheads Quickly.
If you have special skin conditions like rosacea or eczema, this can be a great way to relieve your skin of blackheads while making sure you don’t irritate or dry out your skin any further. Simply mix these two ingredients in a bowl. Use dry, rolled oats for this DIY. The resulting mixture should appear colloidal. Spread evenly over freshly cleansed skin and leave on for at least 15 minutes before rinsing off completely with lukewarm water.
5. Honey And Cinnamon Face Mask For Blackheads.
If you’re having a bad acne breakout, this cinnamon and honey for blackheads recipe serve as a double natural antiseptic formulation will calm your skin, restore balance, and kick out the bad bacteria as well. Mix a half cup of honey with two tablespoons of cinnamon powder. Stir lightly before spreading over freshly cleansed skin. Leave on for at least 15 minutes or, keep on the skin overnight. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
6. Natural Blackhead Peel-off Mask Using Honey.
For this recipe, you will need a tablespoon each of honey and almond milk, and a teaspoon of gelatin powder. Mix all ingredients in and place on a double boiler to gelatinize the mixture. Gelatin’s colloidal property is a great way to boost skin plumpness and moisture. Once you get a liquid gelatin consistency, cool off to room temp or, put in the freezer for five minutes only. Spread over skin that has been thoroughly cleansed or exfoliated. Rinse off with lukewarm water. This recipe delivers the best results for sensitive and aging skin types.
These are the many ways that show you how honey is useful for face and, you can very well use the same concoctions to bring benefits to skin on your body. Feel free to use honey as a spot treatment whenever you need a zit to calm down and reduce swelling ASAP. The beauty benefits of honey is endless and it is high time you included honey in your regimen to boost your skin’s health.