La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser Review
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser Introduction
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser, US $14.99 for 6.8 oz., is a cleanser made specially for people with oily skin.
What Does La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser Claim
The manufacturer claims that this product has been designed and formulated to deliver the following benefits:
- Loosen up tough dirt, grime, and other impurities to reveal your healthier skin
- Help regulate oil production and prevent your skin from greasing
- Purify your skin to help treat acne and prevent breakouts
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is formulated and distributed by La Roche-Posay, one of the many brands that are being managed by the L’Oreal Group, one of the biggest players in the skin care, personal care, hair care, and cosmetics industries. The brand was set up by the Group in 1995 to become its response to the growing demand for professionally formulated products that are available over-the-counter, later to be termed as “cosmeceuticals”.
Working of La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser
This product has a fairly straightforward approach to cleansing your skin. Its cleansing mechanism involves softening the debris on your skin, breaks these down then, eliminates it from your skin to reveal a cleaner, clearer and brighter complexion.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser Ingredients
- Zinc PCA: Clears and purifies your skin and pores, helps regulate oil production and surface greasing, while also supporting the solution to penetrate your pores deeply and draw out impurities
- Coco-Betaine: Attracts impurities, dissolves these then, eliminates these from your skin when you rinse off this product
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate: Gives this product a foamy texture when lathered, it supports coco-betaine in loosening up tough dirt and grime to clear your skin and rid it off these impurities
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser Pros
- This product is alcohol—free and soap-free.
- This product has been guaranteed by the manufacturer to be non-comedogenic, which won’t clog your pores and worsen acne conditions.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser Cons
- This product may not be potent enough to remove tough, waterproof makeup, for which you may have to take an additional step to use a makeup remover to wipe off your makeup prior to cleansing.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser reviews by users have reported, this product can irritate the skin of some users and cause them to breakout.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrances and menthol
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs, chemicals that can easily become contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogen, which PEGs deliver into your body by penetrating your skin, and sodium benzoate which can quickly combine with Vitamin C to form Benzene, yet another carcinogen
- Increased risk for brain damage and neurological dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol, used here as preservative but which is considered to be highly toxic
Use La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser once up to twice daily, day and night as your regular cleanser. Always use lukewarm water when cleansing to prevent from drying out and damaging your skin unnecessarily with water that is either too hot or too cold.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser reviews posted by 2 users read:
- “Made my acne worse! I tried it for over a month and I am extremely unsatisfied”
- “I can easily say that this is the best facial cleanser I have EVER used! It gets rid of any trace of makeup. It’s not harsh or drying and has minimized my break-outs significantly. I have paid double for cleansers not even half as good as this one. I truly don’t think that you can beat the amount of incredible product you receive for the price!”
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser will give you what every other well-formulated cleanser can, that is, to rid your skin of dirt and other impurities. Plus, it gives you added benefits like getting your greasy surface under control Unfortunately, this product’s formula may not be able to make it function optimally as a one-step cleanser. If you’re not too keen, that truth may be easily ignored but, at this price point, you can easily get a similar product that can dissolve tough grime better.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: