Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream Review: Is It Effective
Mary Kay Introduction
Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent by American consumers every year on every possible non-prescription anti-aging products. One line that seems to have been constantly surrounded by a cloud of uncertainty are eye creams. Although eye creams have gradually become accepted as a regular part of any woman’s daily skincare routine, the question remains — Do you really need an eye cream?
Some skin experts argue that when your regular facial moisturizer is good enough, it should work perfectly fine on the delicate skin around your eye area. Yet, still, the eye area is almost always that part of the face where women and men alike first notice signs of aging, and that’s because skin around the eyes are so thin, does not contain fatty layers and easily dries up. In which case, a higher concentration of moisturizers, emollients, peptides and even retinol are often required for your eyes.
Mary Kay Details
Mary Kay, the beauty line that continues to make waves in the direct selling market, recognizes the special needs of skin around your eye area. As such, the company formulated the Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream, a thick cream that is specially prepared to act on the skin dryness, pigmentation and discoloration that happens around the eye area, often accompanying aging.
Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream works in three distinct ways. First, it deeply moisturizes your eye area while simultaneously improving your skin’s ability to hold moisture and stay hydrated over longer periods of time. Second, it lightens skin around your eyes, effectively minimizing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, while also brightening your overall complexion. Third, the antioxidants infused in this product’s formulation protects skin from further damage and the skin aging that results from free radicals.
Every .5 oz. of this product costs $32, easily available through the sales network of Mary Kay or online via its websites and via reseller sites such as Amazon and eBay.
Mary Kay Ingredients
Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream is made from three primary active ingredients:
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3 and Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, amino acids that support more effective and more efficient skin repair, restructuring and resurfacing
- Aloe Leaf Extract, botanical moisturizer closely resembling the skin’s natural composition thereby becoming easily assimilated and readily available to aid in rebuilding the skin’s protective layers, even as it also supports deep and lasting skin moisturization
This product’s ingredients are: Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, CarthamusTinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycereth-26, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Glyceryl Stearate, TriisostearylTrilinoleate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, DipalmitoylHydroxyproline, AnthemisNobilis Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea
Mary Kay Directions/Working
Apply on cleansed skin.
Mary Kay Pros & Cons
This product is suitable for all skin types. The only downside is that parabens are still part of the formulation.
Mary Kay Customer Reviews
- “I like this product a lot. The only thing I DON’T like is the ‘container’ (which I realize has nothing to do with Amazon!), because I’m very frugal and you cannot get every last drop out of it! But the product is great and the price was right!”-Tracy Smith
- “The product seems like it is true mary kay. I just started using it so it’s too early for results. The cream is definitely mosturizing.”-Jessica Martel
You may need an eye cream or you don’t. The products in your staple do always have to complement what your skin is and what your skin needs.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.