Mary Kay Eyelash Serum Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
Mary Kay Eyelash Serum Overview:
Mary Kay Lash and Brow Building Serum, US $36 for a 0.15 fl. oz. tube, is a brow and eyelash enhancing product that promises to volumize and improve the appearance of your naturally thin hair cover around these parts.
About Mary Kay Eyelash Serum — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Mary Kay, the top direct selling and marketing company that set out to “Help women achieve personal growth and financial success”. The company was founded in 1963 by Mary Kay Ash who built her career and retired from the business of direct selling. Presently, the beauty brand enjoys presence in over 40 countries worldwide.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Deeply condition your brows and lashes to improve moisture content and health.
- Enhance lash and brow volume to make these appear more defined and more prominent.
- Improve the thickness of your lashes by enhancing and hastening hair growth.
- Deliver noticeably thicker and longer eyelashes, and denser brows in just 30 days of regular product application.
What Are The Ingredients In Mary Kay Eyelash Serum?
- Red Clover Extract: It contains considerably high levels of Vitamin E which helps promote improved skin moisture and hydration, as it also serves as a powerful antioxidant that helps protect your brow and lash strands from damage and early fallouts, benefits that help keep your lashes and brows thicker at any given time.
- Amino Acids: Deep conditions your lash and brow strands so that each grows thicker and longer, causing these areas to appear with denser and become defined and prominent.
- Serine: It resembles keratin, thereby, coating each of your lash and brow strands with a thin film that intensively conditions and protects each strand from damage.
- Threonine: Promotes higher protein content to support a fuller and thicker hair growth.
- Proline: Improves protein metabolism so that externally introduced protein may be assimilated by your system to support healthier hair growth.
Directions To Use:
Mary Kay Eyelash Serum must only be applied at night on thoroughly cleansed eyelids. Using the precision applicator, swipe along your lash line. To use on your eyebrows, apply in the natural direction of your brows and on areas where you think you need more volume.
- Mary Kay Eyelash Serum is widely available via dealers and resellers of Mary Kay products.
- This product uses ingredients proven by years of research to improve hair health and growth, although these studies have not been done on brows and lashes.
- This product is still formulated with parabens when most other beauty companies have taken out this ingredient from their formulas.
- Mary Kay Eyelash Serum reviews are not very many, giving a limited picture of actual product performance
Does Mary Kay Eyelash Serum Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Mary Kay Lash and Brow Building Serum:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol, as well as other synthetic and botanical ingredients, depending on your history of irritation and allergic reactions..
- Increased risk for developing reproductive irregularities due to EDTA.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to diazolidinyl urea which releases formaldehyde, a carcinogen, as a by-product.
- Increased risk for developing hormonal imbalances and related organ dysfunctions due to parabens
Mary Kay Eyelash Serum, just like other enhancers, have a lot of explaining to do when it comes to delivering on the claims made by each. Yet, even this product fails to present evidence that it works.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day