Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum Review: Is it safe to use?
Murad Youth Renewal Serum Description
Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum, US $88 for 1 oz., promises to help you regain your youthful-looking skin, specifically by delivering the following beauty benefits to your skin:
- Significantly boost your skin’s moisture levels in two ways: first, by adding a protective barrier on the surface of your skin to prevent water in your skin from evaporating, and, second, by introducing significant amounts of moisturizers to your skin.
- Improve your skin’s ability to capture and hold in moisture with long term use.
- Correct and reverse signs of skin aging with retinol.
- Lighten dark spots and brighten your overall complexion.
Murad is a dermatologically developed and tested line of products that now includes skin care, dietary supplements, and wellness programs.
Murad Youth Renewal Serum Ingredients
- Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate: Functions as retinol would, this Vitamin A derivative is less irritating for most skin types, works to improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines while also lightening dark skin imperfections by inhibiting melanin.
- Ceramides: Helps rebuild your skin’s surface layer to improve its protective properties so as to keep moisture locked in and make your skin more resilient to damage caused by UC and other environmental factors, including pollution, other allergens and heat.
Sodium Hyaluronate: Replaces the significantly dwindling levels of lost hyaluronic acid in your skin, effectively attracting more moisture to your skin’s surface, keeping your skin comfortably hydrated over a longer period of time.
Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum must be integrated with your nighttime regimen because of its retinol derivative content. Also, because of retinol, this product may cause skin irritation so gradually work into your skin and into your routine to prevent the product from unnecessarily reacting with your skin.
Murad Youth Renewal Serum Advantages
- Product is well-formulated to provide dry, aging skin a moisture boost that comes with a wrinkle corrective function through its retinol content.
- Formula is free from hormone-disrupting parabens, pore-clogging sulfates, and allergy-inducing glutens.
- Product claims are backed by positive findings from a Murad-sponsored study that reported 98 per cent and 88 per cent of subjects claimed their skin appeared more radiant while wrinkles became less noticeable, respectively, in just 2 weeks of continuous product application.
Murad Youth Renewal Serum Disadvantages
- A wide array of protective antioxidants is noticeably lacking from the formulation which are vital when restoration of skin health is the objective.
- Formula incorporates retinol which, while it has corrective functions, makes your skin become more easily damaged by UV with long-term use.
- Product contains highly irritating ingredients, including butylene glycol, fragrances and artificial colorants which makes this product not recommended for use by people with sensitive and problematic skin.
With moisture restoration being the primary goal of the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum, it is normal to expect more skin moisturizing and conditioning ingredients folded into the formula. However, that’s not the case. Even more disappointing is how this product’s formula neglected the inclusion of antioxidants. At US $88, you simply deserve a better formulated product.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: