NeoStrata Enlighten Review: Does it Deliver what it Claims?
As the squabble to gain a huge chunk of the still growing skincare industry continues, manufacturers and marketers have become even more aggressive. It is unfortunate to note, however, that product quality is often dismal, and the more unfortunate fact is that most consumers are not even aware that they are easily spending $100 on placebo or products that do not deliver on its claims.
NeoStrata Enlighten Description
Neostrata has come up with Enlighten. This line promotes a three-step, twice daily beauty regimen that includes the following Neostrata Enlighten products:
- Ultra Brightening Cleanser, US$40.95
- Illuminating Serum, US$64.95
- Pigment Controller, US$51.95
All products are made with Neostrata proprietary ingredients that include Neoglucosamine which exfoliates, lightens and brightens skin. These products also contain a blend of botanical and synthetic ingredients which, when combined, protect skin from damage and improves the appearance of visible signs of skin aging.
This skincare routine is prescribed for consumers with skin issues that include skin darkening, age spots, sun damage, hyperpigmentation and wrinkles.
All three products have undergone a four-week clinical trial. The combined results have yielded the following results:
- 93% of subjects said their problematic dark spots became lighter and less prominent
- 80% of subjects noticed positive improvements in their skin tone
NeoStrata Enlighten Ingredients
These products are made with the following key ingredients:
- NeoGlucosamine, exfoliates skin and helps facilitate skin cell turnover
- Retinol, proven to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while also helping brighten and protect skin from darkening
- Oligopeptide 34, brightens dark marks and evens out hyperpigmented skin
- Sabiwhite, derived from turmeric, it inhibits skin darkening and prevents the formation of dark spots
- Vitamin C, helps restore energy in skin cells to power skin cell repair and rejuvenation. It also floods skin with antioxidants to protect it from cell damage, while also brightening skin tone.
- 7 Alpine plant extracts, infuse powerful antioxidants into the skin which protects it from damage as it whitens and lightens your skin
- Vitamin E, moisturuzes and protects your skin
- Optical diffusers, delivers instant skin brightening results
NeoStrata Enlighten Directions
Test all products separately on different patches of your skin for any possible irritation or allergic reactions. Gradually introduce the products onto your skin, starting with a once daily dose, and slowly work up to a twice daily use over the course of two weeks to one month.
Use sunscreen during the day to negate the photosensitizing effect of product components.
NeoStrata Enlighten Pros
These products are non-comedogenic and are paraben-free.
NeoStrata Enlighten Cons
Products contain phenoxyethanol, a well-known neurotoxin. Products in this regimen also contain artificial colorants and perfume which can be irritating to sensitive skin types.
There simply isn’t any single product that can answer to all of your skin issues, including your aging skin problems. As a matter of fact, the more you try to combine and layer different products together, the more likely you are to get irritation and blemishes. Full regimens such as the NeoStrata Enlighten can be a better choice.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.