What is Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion SPF 50?
Nivea Sun Whitening lotion SPF 50, US $10 for every 125 ml bottle, is a high potency sunscreen that comes with a skin whitening formulation.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product line has been specially formulated to deliver the following benefits to improve your skin’s health and enhance its appearance:
- Render broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection for your skin to effectively protect it from skin damaging and aging UV
- Decrease melanin production to improve hyper pigmented areas of your skin
- Relieve your skin from blotchiness and uneven skin tone with the help of anti-inflammatories
- Protect collagen in your skin from becoming degraded
- With regular product use, your skin complexion becomes lighter and more radiant
Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion SPF 50 – Does it Really Work?
From one of the pioneers in modern skin care health, Germany-based company, Beiersdorf, this product boasts of a legendary leadership in drugstore skincare brands with Nivea, one of the world’s most recognizable brands in skincare. Beiersdorf has over 125 years of experience in developing and distributing a wide range of skin care and other personal care products, and boasts of success in its other brands serving specialized markets, that includes La Prairie, Eucerin and Elastoplast.
This product works by protecting your skin from both UVA and UVB rays while simultaneously evening out your skin tone and bringing down melanin production levels. Combined, these mechanisms causes your skin to brighten up and appear more radiant.
What Are The Ingredients In Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion SPF 50?
- Titanium Dioxide: Physical sunscreen active which also promotes instantly fairer skin complexion
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate): Chemical sunscreen active that protects your skin from sunburn
- Ethylhexyl Triazone: UV light absorber
- Bis-Ethylhexyloxphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine: UV filter
- Licorice Extract: Has natural anti-inflammatory ingredients that soothes and calms skin irritations to promote a more even skin tone
- Vitamin E: Boosts your skin’s antioxidant protection, it also deeply nourishes your skin and supports the re-fortification of the surface layer and enhancement of your skin’s protective barrier function
Benefits of Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion SPF 50
- This product is non-sticky, clings tightly to your skin surface, and won’t grease on your skin.
- The formula is activated upon skin application, no longer requiring you to wait 20 minutes before exposing your skin outdoors.
- The formula combines both physical and chemical sunscreen agents to shield your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Disadvantages of Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion SPF 50
- The product lacks a wide variety of antioxidants that would have amped up the sun as well as antioxidant protection rendered by this product.
- Nivea Sun Whitening lotion SPF 50 reviews indicate that this product can be irritating for some users.
You May Also Want To Read – Vanicream Lite Lotion for Sensitive Skin Reviews
Does Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion SPF 50 Have Any Side-Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol, denatured alcohol, and fragrance ingredients, all of which can cause your skin to become permanently damaged
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs and BHA
- Increased risk for dysfunction and diseases of the reproductive system due to EDTA
- Increased risk for significant spikes in estrogen levels which increases risks for breast and cervical cancers due to BHT
How to apply Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion SPF 50
Nivea Sun Whitening lotion SPF 50 must be applied generously on skin before stepping outdoors. Reapply frequently throughout the day.
Final Verdict : Nivea Sun Whitening Lotion SPF 50
Nivea Sun Whitening lotion SPF 50 offers two major functions in one, promising to lighten your skin complexion while protecting that newfound radiance. Sadly, it could be at the price of your skin health with the alcohol and other toxic ingredients infused in the formula.