Shiseido Sports BB Cream Review: Does It Really Work?
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ Introduction
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+, US $38, is a tinted sunscreen that protects from UV but also one that enhances your naturally beautiful skin.
What Does Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ Claim
This product delivers the following benefits:
- Enhanced UV protection with the combined protective power of a chemical and a mineral sunscreen
- Gives you a resilient stay on coverage to keep your skin looking smoother, tighter and better toned
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ Manufacturer’s Detail
Shiseido is a brand that has been committed to formulate and deliver high quality and premium skin care products since it was established in 1872. Shieseido has been credited for manufacturing and distributing the world’s first ever lotion. With a strong global presence, this luxury skin care brand has built a reputation for creating many innovative and pioneering products in the skin care, hair care, and cosmetics categories.
Working of Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+
This product works by delivering a combination of chemical and physical sunscreen to shield your skin from harmful UV while also providing you with a sweat-proof and wet-proof coverage for a smoother, more even skin tone.
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ Ingredients
- OCTINOXATE (4.9%), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (15.0%): A chemical sunscreen, and a mineral sunscreen, respectively
- Xylitol: Acts as a humectant, it draws in moisture from the surroundings to bring a comforting conditioning feeling to your skin, while simultaneously also promoting faster production of ceramides at greater volumes to strengthen your skin.
- Sodium PCA: Helps restore your skin’s moisture and keeps it from drying out
- Sophora angustifolia: A botanical ingredient that leaves your skin better conditioned and help it stay moisturized over longer periods of time
- Mica: Helps absorb and draw skin impurities and hardened grime then, gives your skin a matte finish
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ Pros
- This product is available in three shades — Light, Medium and Dark.
- The product is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
- This product’s tint has a long wearing formulation that stays on even as you sweat and get wet
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ Cons
- This product does not contain potent antioxidants.
- Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ reviews indicate that the availability of only 3 shades makes it impossible for some, whose skin tones do not match these, to use this product.
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including menthol and drying alcohol, both of which can permanently damage your skin with repeated product use and application
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs which enhance the penetration of toxic chemicals, including 1,4 dioxane, which it can become easily contaminated with during the manufacturing process
- Increased risk for dysfunctions of the reproductive system due to EDTA
- Increased risk for irregularities in estrogen levels and endocrine dysfunctions due to Octinoxate, BHT and parabens
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ must be applied at least 15 minutes before basking in the sun, and make sure to reapply throughout the day, every 80 minutes or, after sweating profusely or, after getting wet.
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ reviews read:
- “ Perhaps if there were a few more shades thrown into the mix, I would be able to find one that works with my skintone. I think I fall somewhere in the neutral side, leaning to slightly warm undertones with my skin. The colour felt a little too blue and cool for me.Aside from that, I think its great that you can go out and play sports or go into the water with BB on. I am not really one to wear makeup if I’m exercising, playing sports or going into water, but some people like to. To each their own.” — Vanessa K. on Influenster
- “I purchased the Sports BB in Dark. I was worried that it would oxidize and become darker, but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn’t oxidize at all. This product is wonderful! It provides full coverage, but feels ultra light weight. And finally a product that’s really transfer resistant! The price point is great for all of the benefits you get with this product. A+++” — Bunnyetsuko on manufacturer website
Shiseido WetForce Sports BB SPF 50+ can be deceiving because certifications stops at 50 where added sunscreen protection becomes incremental.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: