What Is Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream?
Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream, US $32.50 for 15 ml tube, is an eye cream that protects the sensitive eye area from UVA and UVB rays and maintains its healthy and youthful appearance.
What Does Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream Claim?
- Diminishes the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Provides broad-spectrum UV protection to the eye area.
- Prevents the development of signs of aging in the eye area.
- Keeps the eye area hydrated.
- Boosts the skin’s radiance.
Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream Manufacturer’s Detail:
This is a product of Shiseido which is one of the biggest cosmetics and skincare company in Japan.
It was established in 1872 as Japan’s first-ever Western-style pharmacy. Today, the company is more than four decades in the industry and offers a wide array of prestigious skincare lines that are loved by people from all over the world.
Working of Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream
This product provides the skin with the sun protection it needs through sunscreen additives that have been proven to be effective in blocking or absorbing the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun and prevent it from damaging the sensitive eye area.
What are the Ingredients In Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream?
20.6% Zinc Oxide: Considered to be one of the most effective sunscreen ingredients, its main benefit on the skin is to provide it with its much-needed protection from UV rays by preventing the rays from penetrating the skin. As a result, it can help hinder the aging process and prevent skin from drying out.
3% Octocrylene: Protects the skin by absorbing both UVA and UVB rays that cause aging and burning of the skin. It is also said to have emollient properties which can keep the skin moisturized and hydrated for prolonged periods of time .
2.9% Octinoxate: Protects the skin from possible sun damage as it can disperse the UVB rays which is the common culprit of skin burning. This UV filter is absorbed readily and easily by the skin, so it does not leave a heavy and, greasy feeling to the skin upon application.
Glycerin: Treats acne, wrinkles, fine lines, and skin infections by boosting the hydration of the skin .
Benefits of Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream:
- The product protects the eye area from both UVA and UVB rays.
- The cream contains high concentrations of sunscreen ingredients.
- The product aims to protect the eye area from UV rays which are the main causes of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The formulation can leave the skin radiant and glowing.
Disadvantages of Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream:
- This product contains ingredients that are highly irritating and drying to the skin.
- The active ingredients of the formulation are all sunscreen additives.
- The moisturizing ingredients of the cream are present only in small amounts.
- There is a Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream review that claims that the product leaves a white cast around the eyes upon application.
Does Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream Have Any Side effects
Based on the formulation of this product, you can expect to experience the following side effects:
- Dryness of skin due to the presence of high amounts of alcohol.
- Irreversible skin damage and irritation that come as a result of prolonged exposure to harmful fragrances.
How to apply Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream?
Put a small amount of Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream on your fingertips and apply it using gentle dabbing motions on the skin surrounding the eyes. Apply this product 15- 30 minutes before sun exposure.
Here are some of the Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream reviews you can find online:
- “I love this I cream because it specifically has an SPF. It’s not greasy and glides on with ease I think it’s worth the money however it is a little pricey. I bought this at Sephora.com, and this was my very first time purchasing it. I’ve never used anything else from this brand except this specific Eye cream. I would like to try more products in the future because of the good experience I’ve had with this one.” – Heather C. on Influenster
- “It’s absorbed very quickly, but it’s quite dry. I used a lot of eye cream on my eye area but still can’t prevent dryness caused by this eye sunscreen.” – Newtontesla on Sephora
You May Also Want To Read – Biopelle Tensage Radiance Eye Cream
Final Verdict : Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream
There’s no doubt that the Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream can provide your sensitive eye area with the sun protection that it needs the most. However, the hydration that the product can deliver is not enough to address fine lines and wrinkles that are common with people suffering from dry skin around the eye area.
The most common eye area issues are puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and crow's feet, and loss of hydration. There are countless eye creams available on the market today, making it seem nearly impossible to find the "right one" that meets our specific under eye needs. It is imperative to find a product that has been formulated to address a variety of complex eye area problems.
Below you'll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Milani M, Sparavigna A. The 24-hour skin hydration and barrier function effects of a hyaluronic 1%, glycerin 5%, and Centella Asiatica stem cells extract moisturizing fluid: an intra-subject, randomized, assessor-blinded study. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2017;10:311-315. Published 2017 Aug 11. doi:10.2147/CCID.S144180.