SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More
SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 – Overview
SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 is a daily serum meant to firm and renew skin while improving its tone. This product can be purchased through the manufacturer’s site for $110 or through skincare professionals. SkinCeuticals offers a 90 day return period for its products and provides instructions for its process on its official website.
About SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 – Does it really work?
The manufacturer claims this product is effective for all skin types and will reduce the visibility of deep lines and wrinkles. SkinCeuticals allows customers and the public to download copies of its research, but does not simplify it online so that customers can easily understand how this applies to the product they’re about to purchase.
What are the ingredients in SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3?
- Niacinamide (5%): a form of vitamin B3 that brightens the complexion and resurfaces the skin to fight common signs of aging.
- Tripeptide Concentrate (2.5%): said to restore collagen and increase skin firmness. The brand does not specify the tripeptide used.
- Pure Glycerin (15%): boosts the skin’s natural moisture barrier for improved hydration and protection from damage caused by free radicals.
- Dimethicone: forms a protective barrier on the skin and temporarily fills in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Linalool: component of lavender and coriander scents. It is known to sensitize the skin.
- Limonene: solvent and citrus fragrance component.
Directions to use
Massage 1-2 pumps of the serum onto the face, neck, and chest until fully absorbed. Use twice per day for best results.
Benefits of SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3
- Promotes an even skin tone
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Clinical trial results are mentioned on the product’s website
- Money-back guarantee for 90s days per manufacturer’s instructions
Disadvantages of SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3
- This product is more expensive than similar products considering its 1.7 fluid oz size
- Contains linalool, which is known to sensitize the skin
- Even though there are clinical trial results that are supposedly available, the results of the study show very limited success.
- The return policy requires customers to get approval from the brand’s customer service line, requiring extra steps.
Does SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 have any side effects?
Side effects aren’t mentioned for this serum, but those who sensitive skin should always take precautions when using a new product.
SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 claims it will make your skin look younger by reducing the appearance of dark spots, improving skin firmness, and diminishing the appearance of wrinkles. The company provides some trial results for the product, but they aren’t promising. In a 12-week study cited by the brand 15% of participants saw an improvement in radiance, 20.9% saw a reduction of fine lines, and only 10.9% saw an increase in overall skin firmness. The full ingredient list is provided, but not all amounts are given and this makes hard to make an educated guess about the product’s effectiveness. Though side effects have not been recorded for this product yet, those who sensitive skin should know the serum contains linalool, which is known to make the skin more sensitive to sunlight. Though the product’s description makes the product seem worthwhile, the evidence provided by the manufacturer is weak at best. The product’s return policy provides 90 days, but allows no exchanges and asks customers to follow instructions before sending the product back. Though there are many promising claims about the product, the cost is higher than average even for the anti-aging market.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.