Skinmedica Retinol Complex Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Skinmedica Retinol Complex
Skinmedica Age Defense Retinol Complex, US $78 for a 1.0 oz. bottle, is an anti-aging product that utilizes retinol as the key ingredient in correcting and protecting your skin from wrinkles, age spots, and other visible signs of skin aging but cause redness or itching on skin.
Table of Contents [Show]
- What is Skinmedica Retinol Complex
- Skinmedica Retinol Complex – Does It Really Work?
- What are the Ingredients in Skinmedica Retinol Complex
- How To Apply Skinmedica Retinol Complex
- Benefits of Skinmedica Retinol Complex
- Disadvantages of Skinmedica Retinol Complex
- Does Skinmedica Retinol Complex Have Any Side Effects?
- Final Verdict : Skinmedica Retinol Complex
This product is brought to you by Skinmedica, the skin care became part of Allergan, the multinational pharmaceutical company in 2012.
Skinmedica was established in 1999 by Dr. Richard Fitzpatrick. From then to this day Skinmedica strives to be at the forefront of science and technology when it comes to caring for your skin.
Skinmedica Retinol Complex – Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Deliver mild and gentle exfoliation using retinol at 1.0 per cent concentration.
- Soothe and calm skin inflammation, relieving your skin of itchiness and redness.
- Smoothens out your fine lines and wrinkles as it lightens your dark marks.
- Enhances your skin’s repair and renewal to gradually reveal a blemish-free skin layer with every turnover.
- Boost your skin’s antioxidant protection and rebuild the protective barrier to help your skin better resist multiple factors that age and damage your skin.
What are the Ingredients in Skinmedica Retinol Complex
- Retinol (1.o%): A Vitamin A derivative that acts on your skin to correct it from imperfections related to aging by facilitating more efficient exfoliation, faster skin regeneration, and more frequent turnovers.
- Ceramides: Help restore and strengthen your skin’s protective barrier to make it better able to resist multiple factors that cause irreversible damages to your skin matrix and skin cells.
- Rice Bran Wax: It has moisturizing properties, and it also helps relieve skin inflammation.
- Niacinamide: It functions as an antioxidant, and it is also capable of lightening dark marks, improving micro circulation, and reviving your skin’s optimal energy levels to reinvigorate your skin. But it might cause itching on redness on skin.
- Peptides: Enhance skin repairs and renewal down to the cellular level, making newer, blemish-free skin appear healthier and younger-looking.
How To Apply Skinmedica Retinol Complex
- Skinmedica Retinol Complex is recommended for use once up to three times weekly, depending on your skin’s tolerance to this formula. Since this product contains retinol, this product needs to be gradually worked into your skin to help your skin adjust to the formula.
- Start by using once weekly, slowly increasing frequency up to thrice weekly only.
- When you notice irritation, cut down on frequency of use or, stop using the product completely.
- Use sunscreen during the day, throughout the whole duration of product use and beyond.
Benefits of Skinmedica Retinol Complex
- Skinmedica Retinol Complex harnesses the power of Vitamin A, proven time and again to have powerful and undeniable age-defying functions that benefit your skin but may cause redness on skin.
- This product is packaged in an opaque, airtight bottle which helps keep its retinol content and other beneficial ingredients from breaking down.
Disadvantages of Skinmedica Retinol Complex
- This product is excessively expensive given the composition of the formula and the fact that there are more inexpensive alternatives made with more or less the same ingredients and similar commitments concerning benefits of product use.
- Skinmedica Retinol Complex reviews indicate that not all users are able to tolerate this formula.
- There is no money back guarantee on this product.
Does Skinmedica Retinol Complex Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Skinmedica Age Defense Retinol Complex:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including retinol.
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol.
- Increased risk for diseases associated with the reproductive organs due to EDTA.
Final Verdict : Skinmedica Retinol Complex
Skinmedica Retinol Complex will most definitely bring about improvements to your wrinkles and age spots — any product with Vitamin A at any level of concentration will do so. However, this product is not guaranteed to be suitable for use on all types of skin. Also there is no money back guarantee on this product.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Anti Aging Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."