Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Overview:
Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum, US $27 for a 4 oz. tube, is a sunscreen (plz link to the chart) specially formulated to be hypoallergenic, rid of chemical sunscreens, and safe for use on all skin types including sensitive and reactive skin types.
About Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Pharmaceutical Specialties, Inc (PSI). Established by pharmacists who wanted to offer a better and safer alternative to commercially available sunscreens in 1975, PSI takes pride to have consciously made it its goal to exclude toxic ingredients from its products. Presently, the US-based company enjoys a considerable presence in international markets which it continues to grow.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Deliver safer sunscreen protection that is rid of chemical sunscreens and uses only mineral sunscreens, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide.
- Keep your skin well moisturized and prevent it from drying out.
- Provide UVA and UVB protection with highly potent sunburn protecting SPF 50.
- Provide up to 80 minutes of water resistant and sweat-proof sun protection.
- Help prevent skin cancer when used as part of a more robust personal sun care strategy that use other means to block the sun from damaging your skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum?
- Titanium Dioxide (5.0%), Zinc Oxide (7.0%): Mineral sunscreen agents that provide a sunblock protection that physically shields your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Cocoglycerides: Improve your skin’s moisture content, it also leaves the surface in a comfortably well-conditioned state for long periods of time.
- Coenzyme Q10: A powerful humectant that draws in moisture that helps keep your skin well-hydrated for hours.
Directions To Use:
Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum must be applied on skin at least 15 minutes befor soaking in the sun. Make sure to keep reapplying every two hours throughout the day to help maintain product potency.
- Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum uses only physical sunscreens which do not carry the same health risks associated with products containing endocrine-disrupting chemical sunscreen agents.
- This product is hypoallergenic and guaranteed by the manufacturer to be safe for use by people with hyper sensitive and reactive skin types.
- This product’s formula is rid of toxic ingredients and allergens, that includes formaldehyde, parabens, fragrances and dyes.
- The formula is also gluten-free, oil-free, and non-greasy.
- This product is formulated with silicones.
- Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum reviews reveal that some users with sensitive skin still experienced irritations and other adverse skin reactions.
Does Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including silicones.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs.
Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Customer Reviews:
Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum reviews read:
- “I wanted to love this sunscreen for my rosacea acne prone skin.. but I’m afraid it clogged my pores and broke me out terribly after only using it three times 🙁 I’m afraid it’s too thick and possibly the fatty alcohols in it contributed. Will keep to use on my neck and chest.” — Rebecca Parsons on Amazon.
- “Great moisturizing base – very very gentle for sensitive skin. I use it under my makeup. I know what sun damage can do – Been There. So I use this to prevent any more damage and expense. You’ll need something to renew the SPF on top of your makeup later in the day. If you’re not very young, brush on SPF powders can bring out wrinkles you didn’t know you had. I use a spray on SPF 50 and fine mist my face a couple of times a day. Be careful of sensitivity level of the spray. VANICREAM IS HYPOALLERGENIC, if you buy a spray that isn’t, you’ve undone all special effort you made to buy a sunscreen that is Dermatologist recommended for people with sensitive skin.” — Amazon Customer.
Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum indeed provides a safer alternative from chemically laden sunscreens that are formulated with chemical sunscreen agents that have been repeatedly demonstrated to cause adverse effects to people’s health. This product is a testament that safer sunscreens are possible. However, just like any other skin care product, the risk for irritation is always possible depending on how your skin responds to this product’s components. Besides, although this product is cleaner formulated, it still isn’t completely free from toxic ingredients.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: