Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, detailed Reviews And More.
What is Vanicream Sunscreen?
As per the manufacturer, Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum, is a sunscreen specially formulated to be hypoallergenic, rid of chemical sunscreens, and safe for use on all skin types including sensitive and reactive skin types. However according to reviews results are temporary.
Vanicream Sunscreen — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Pharmaceutical Specialties, Inc (PSI). Established by pharmacists who wanted to offer a better and safer alternative to commercially available sunscreens in 1975, PSI takes pride to have consciously made it its goal to exclude toxic ingredients from its products. Presently, the US-based company enjoys a considerable presence in international markets which it continues to grow.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Deliver safer sunscreen protection that is rid of chemical sunscreens and uses only mineral sunscreens, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide.
- Keep your skin well moisturized and prevent it from drying out.
- Provide UVA and UVB protection with highly potent sunburn protecting SPF 50.
- Provide up to 80 minutes of water resistant and sweat-proof sun protection.
- Help prevent skin cancer when used as part of a more robust personal sun care strategy that use other means to block the sun from damaging your skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Vanicream Sunscreen?
- Titanium Dioxide (5.0%), Zinc Oxide (7.0%): Mineral sunscreen agents that provide a sunblock protection that physically shields your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Cocoglycerides: Improve your skin’s moisture content, it also leaves the surface in a comfortably well-conditioned state for long periods of time.
- Coenzyme Q10: A powerful humectant that draws in moisture that helps keep your skin well-hydrated for hours. However, it can cause allergic skin rashes in some people.
How to apply Vanicream Sunscreen
For best results, the manufacturer suggests that-
- Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum must be applied on skin at least 15 minutes before soaking in the sun.
- Make sure to keep reapplying every two hours throughout the day to help maintain product potency.
Benefits of Vanicream Sunscreen
- This product’s formula is rid of toxic ingredients and allergens, that includes formaldehyde, parabens, fragrances and dyes.
- The formula is also gluten-free, oil-free, and non-greasy. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective
Disadvantages of Vanicream Sunscreen
- This product is formulated with silicones.
- Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum reviews reveal that some users with sensitive skin still experienced irritations and other adverse skin reactions.
Does Vanicream Sunscreen Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including silicones.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs.
Final Verdict: Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum
Vanicream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum indeed provides a safer alternative from chemically laden sunscreens that are formulated with chemical sunscreen agents that have been repeatedly demonstrated to cause adverse effects to people’s health. This product is a testament that safer sunscreens are possible. However, just like any other skin care product, the risk for irritation is always possible depending on how your skin responds to this product’s components. Besides, although this product is cleaner formulated, it still isn’t completely free from toxic ingredients. Also, there is no clear mention of any Return policy on the official website.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."