Alastin Restorative Skin Complex Review: Is it Really Effective?
Alastin Skincare Introduction
Alastin Skincare Restorative Skin Complex is an anti-aging serum that uses emollients and antioxidants to repair and rejuvenate skin for a more youthful appearance. It is sold through the manufacturer for $195.
What Does Alastin Skincare Claim?
The manufacturer claims that this product will restore elastin and collagen to the skin to firm it naturally, that it will even out your skin tone, and that it will reduce wrinkles.
Alastin Skincare Manufacturer’s Detail
The manufacturer, Alastin Skincare, is a California-based company that offers a number of anti-aging products in their Restore and Renew line, but this is the flagship product. Alastin Skincare products are developed around their TriHex Technology. This technology uses a collection of ingredients to remove old and damaged proteins from the skin’s extracellular matrix and thus strengthen the cells of the dermis.
Working of Alastin Skincare
Alastin Skincare uses peptides in the TriHex Technology to boost collagen and elastic growth. Emollients in the formula provide moisture that fills in fine lines, smooths wrinkles, and plumps up thinning skin. Lastly, antioxidants protect skin from future damage.
Alastin Skincare Ingredients
Please note that the list below is the key ingredients. The official list isn’t available on the site.
- TriHex Technology: This is a confidential, patented formula, so the only ingredients in it divulged are unnamed peptides and emollients.
- Phosphatidyl Serine: Amino acid derivative that smooths wrinkles and moisturizes skin
- Palmitoyl Dipeptide-5: Amino acid chain that helps boost collagen production
- L-Ornithine/Phospholipids/Glycolipids: Amino acid emollient that holds in moisture to plump and lift skin
- Phytoene: Antioxidant that absorbs UV rays to protect skin
- Phytofluene: Antioxidant that helps protect skin
- Niacinamide: Vitamin B3, nourishes skin
Alastin Skincare Pros
- Reduce visibility of wrinkles
- Firm and lift skin
- Moisturize skin and even skin tone
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Alastin Skincare Cons
- Company does not divulge any study results that back their claims about product’s effectiveness
- This product is extremely expensive compared to similar products
- The money-back guarantee doesn’t include shipping and there is a 25% restocking fee
Alastin Skincare Side Effects
The manufacturer does not list any side effects for this product.
Massage two pumps of Alastin Skincare Restorative Skin Complex into your face and neck in the morning and at night. Do not get in eyes.
The reviews below can be found on the manufacturer’s listing for the product.
- “Love this serum!”
- “Finally an anti aging product that makes my skin feel plump and hydrated instead of dry and flakey. I have only been using the restorative complex for a few weeks and it has made a difference. I have tried many product and this is amazing. Can’t wait to see what continued regular use does for my skin.”
Alastin Skincare contains a high number of proven ingredients that will, at least temporarily, lift the skin and smooth out wrinkles. With peptide ingredients and antioxidants, there can potentially be positive long-term effects thanks to enhanced collagen production and free radical protection.
However, the company doesn’t list the results of any clinical studies that prove this product does what they say it will. Still, based on the reviews on the company website, many customers seem satisfied with the product, but the legitimacy of reviews on a manufacturer’s site are hard to judge because there is no purchase verification. There are many anti-aging serums on the market, so consider your options before purchasing.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.