Skin care issues never end.
Just when you thought you finally found a solution to your persistent blemish, a hyperpigmentation problem, or, perhaps, a skin burn, you get on your toes to find the most effective armpit skin tags removal that will help you get rid of annoying loose skin under your arms.
Question is, “Should you?”
What Is Skin Tag?
Skin tags, also known as acrochordon, however embarrassing they might make you feel, are one of the most common skin problems, and it is widely approximated that most people, if not all, will develop them at different points in their lives.
Skin tags will come in different sizes and appearances.
Some will fall off without intervention while some will need to be deliberately removed.
Skin tags are often confused with warts. Skin tags usually appear as loose skin hanging by a stalk.
These are, normally, benign skin growths that frequently grow on skin areas where there is constant rubbing of skin or, when rubbing skin too much causes friction with other surfaces, including clothing and jewelry.
Skin tags commonly grow on thighs, neck, chest, groin, and armpits.
On the other hand, warts are harder, more attached to the skin, and do not hang by a stalk.
These grow on any part of your body and will not necessarily require friction on the skin to stimulate growth.
Wart removal must be elected with precaution as these can signify cancer and, when removed, can worsen the condition.
Listed below are little known facts about skin tags:
- Skin tags are live parts of your skin for as long as these are connected by blood vessels with the rest of your skin but, when the nutrient and oxygen supply are cut, skin tags change color, die, and may fall off on their own.
- Skin tags are harmless, treatment for skin tags is not necessary, and these can be left alone if you are not aesthetically or cosmetically bothered.
- Most people, if not all, will develop skin tags at different points in their lives.
- Contrary to popular belief, removing a skin tag will not cause more skin tags to grow in its place.
- Skin tags develop on adult skin and are never present on the skin at birth.
- Certain diseases and other health conditions include skin tag manifestation as a symptom, and therefore put people who have these at a higher risk for developing skin tags.
How To Prevent Skin Tag In Armpit?
Underarm skin tags can particularly dampen your self-esteem when you’re wearing clothing that shows off these parts.
Constant rubbing of skin in these areas makes it highly probable to develop skin tags and itchy underarms.
Armpit skin tags removal should always be secondary to prevention so you do have to check your personal hygiene, practices, and health conditions too.
Most especially if you’ve been noticing too many skin tags spurting growth all over your armpits and elsewhere on your skin.
Other than skin rubbing or surface friction, what possibly causes acrochordon under the arms or elsewhere are listed below:
- It’s in the genes, and that’s why some people will grow more, others less, and a small number next to none.
- Obesity which causes more skin surfaces to rub against each other. A study linking obesity and the appearance of skin tags concluded that skin tags of various colors were evident on the skin of obese subjects, whereas the study could not link skin tags and diabetic status of subjects.
- Hormonal fluctuations during pregnancy and menopause.
- Scratches caused by shaving.
- Health conditions such as diabetes which causes too much insulin circulating in the body, hypertension and heart diseases which cause nerves to become blocked and constricted, and poor digestion and metabolism.
- Excessive and prolonged use of steroids and other illicit drugs.
- Skin care products, including deodorant.
- Stress, diet, and lifestyle practices in general.
7 Treatments To Get Rid of Skin Tags on Armpit
“An American Dermatologist’s top advice on underarm skin tags is that it is not necessary to get skin tags removed but, if it gets in the way of your vibe, you can always elect several well-known remedies and clinical procedures so that you can safely get rid of your skin tags.
Also, there are so many products like Revivatone and Declatone that are easily available in the market which can be worth using.
When done right, the treatment will be effective, cause minimal discomfort, leave no marks, and help you regain your self-confidence, risk-free.
There are essentially 2 categories of treatments that you can apply or avail of to eliminate skin tags.
One group consists of clinical procedures that remove your skin tag instantly with practically no downtime, and another group consists of homemade, traditional remedies added to your daily skincare routine that require you to wait for up to 2 weeks before you finally see your skin tag come off.”
Listed below are 7 of the best ways to remove skin tags, both clinical and DIY:
Still the most commonly recommended procedure for skin tag removal, this procedure uses a device that burns off your skin tag.
Scar marks may become evident after healing but decreases the likelihood of developing when the burn is allowed to heal properly.
Scarring also depends on your skin type.
2. Laser Treatment:
It is highly recommended for people who grow skin tags over a large area of their skin. Laser treatment will help specifically target affected areas only.
3. Chemical Burning or Peeling:
Another commonly prescribed treatment is the application of a strong chemical over affected areas of the skin.
A Skin tags removal solution may consist of skin-burning acids such as Trichloroacetic Acid and are therefore best administered by a professional.
Skin burns are possible so follow the treatment protocol that will be prescribed by your dermatologist or skincare professional closely.
This treatment procedure makes use of liquid nitrogen to literally freeze your skin tag, making it brittle in the process, Once frozen then thawed, the skin tag comes off gently, leaving no abrasive marks or scars on your skin.
Your skin care specialist might just also pick up a pair of shearers to cut off your skin tag.
This is most especially effective for twisted skin tags that seem to be detached from the rest of your body already.
As such, blood and fluids should not ooze out when your skin is cut.
6. Skin Tag Products:
There are also a good number of over-the-counter products (You can try Dermabellix) that can help make your skin tag naturally fall off.
All you need to do is follow product indication, use as directed, and wait for your skin tag to detach.
However, these products may take several daily applications so you do need to be patient.
7. Home Remedies:
There are underarm skin tag removal solutions as well that allow you to treat your skin tag simply by mixing handy-dandy tools as well as ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen cupboard.
See the list of DIY armpit skin tags removal below:
Tying and slicing off your skin tag
- If your skin tag is large enough to strangle it with a dental floss then, this is one option.
- Just make sure that you are using only hygienically kept floss to prevent infections.
Essential Oil Rub
- Whether it is tea tree oil, castor oil, or any other essence, this armpit skin tags treatment option aims to soften and further loosen up the hold of your skin tag over your skin surface.
- Eventually, the skin tag falls off.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Using a q-tip, apply this on affected areas continuously for 2 to 3 times a day.
- Wait for your skin tag to come off.
- You will realize that finding out how to get rid of skin tags fast isn’t always the right way to do it when you appreciate that this DIY technique will not leave your skin scarred.
Que: How to remove skin tags in one night?
Ans: Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and place it on top of the skin tag. Place a bandage over the cotton ball to keep it in place for 15-30 minutes. Remove and wash the area. Do this daily until the skin tag falls off.
Que: Are there patches to remove skin tags?
Ans: Skin tag patches are an over-the-counter product that claims to easily remove skin tags at home.
Que: How long do you leave skin tag removal patches on for?
Ans: It may take several days or weeks for the tag to fall off.
Que: Do eyelid skin tags go away?
Ans: They rarely result in major health problems and may disappear on their own.
Many skincare issues will challenge the wit out of you, including skin tags.
When you know more about the problem that you are dealing with and have treatment options laid out in front of you, however, a lot of times they’re really is no need for you to worry.
Take one hard look at that skin tag because that too is coming off soon. Act now.