Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum Review: In outs
If you’ve been on an anti-wrinkle routine for some time, chances are, you’ve experienced some ups and downs when it comes to the anti-aging products that you’ve tried. They all claim the same things, don’t they? The real difference is how well they deliver on their promises.
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum Description
The formulation of Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex™ Eye Serum consists of a blend of powerful antioxidants that protect skin by neutralizing free radical damage, and a complex combination of botanical and synthetic ingredients that inhibit multiple signs of skin aging and support the skin’s normal repair and regeneration processes. It contains peptides and niacinamide which result to longer term improvements in the appearance of aging and damaged skin. This product also contains ingredients that have anti-inflammatory properties which soothe and calm irritated skin.
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex™ Eye Serum is packaged in an opaque plasic bottle with a needle tip and a push button dispenser, it allows you to pump out just the right amount of the product without having to degrade nor introduce bacteria into the formulation.
This product is sold in a 0.5 fl. oz. bottle for $85 apiece.
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum Ingredients
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex™ Eye Serum is made with the following key ingredients:
- Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, a powerful antioxidant that has been observed to also be capable of protecting skin from UV induced damage. It also acts on skin to prevent inflammation and to stimulate skin to restructure skin barrier
- Peptides, serve a variety of cell-communicating functions for the skin, which includes stimulating skin cell repair and regeneration, and even re-energizing cells to perform these functions more effectively and efficiently
- Niacinamide, cause multiple skin benefits which includes improves skin protein synthesis, inhibit melanin production, soothes skin irritation, disinfects skin which helps get rid of acne and blemishes, and provides additional antioxidant content to skin
This product is made with the following ingredients: Water, Octyldodecanol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment, Coconut Alkanes, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Copper Tripeptide-1, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Copper Lysinate/Prolinate, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Steareth-20, Lecithin, Panthenol, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Ubiquinone, Citric Acid, Thioctic Acid, Tocopherol, Chrysin, Sclerotium Gum, Methylglucoside Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol.
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum Directions
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex™ Eye Serum must only be applied on cleansed and toned skin. Twice daily application is recommended but care must be observed for day time application on oily skin, most especially if intended to be layered with makeup.
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum Advantages
The serum formulation makes it non-greasy. Rid of any fragrance, this product is an excellent choice for use on sensitive skin.
Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum Disadvantages
This product contains phenoxyethanol which is a well known neurotoxin.
Try Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex™ Eye Serum if you feel it merits the price tag it carries.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.