What Is ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum?
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum, US $50 for a 0.5 fl. oz. vial, is a skin care eye cream that instantaneously boosts your skin’s moisture content, visibly plumping and smoothening out fine lines and creases to help restore your skin’s youthful appearance.
This product is brought to you by Elemis, the skin care brand that is strongly founded on the fusion of science, nature, and aromatics. The label traces its humble beginnings to providing spa services.
However there are many other well known brands in the market with similar effects and ingredients and they come in a affordable range.
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum — Does It Really Work?
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Relieve eye puffiness and lighten discolorations.
- Restore the ideal moisture content of skin around your eyes.
- Protect and strengthen your eye skin.
- With regular use your eyes should appear healthier, more youthful, and full of life.
What Are The Ingredients In Elemis Absolute Eye Serum?
- Indian Rosewood Oil: It enhances your skin’s natural healing and regenerative functions, significantly improving the tightness, quality, and resilience of your skin, thereby delivering as well protective and corrective functions that promote the appearance of more youthful skin.
- Chamomile Essential Oil: Delivers a soothing and calming effect that helps relieve inflammation and accompanying redness, itchiness and blotchiness to promote a brighter, clearer, more even skin tone.
- Serine: Improves your skin’s synthesis which, in turn, improves your skin’s ability to hold in moisture as well as strengthen its resilience against factors that cause damage and aging.
- Glycerin:This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
How To Apply ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum must only be used on freshly and thoroughly cleansed and tone skin around your eyes.
Benefits Of ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum
- ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum has a very lightweight consistency that easily absorbs into skin to instantly fill in creases that cause aging lines to appear.
- This product does not contain phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin commonly added to personal and skin care products to preserve product quality but which has been repeatedly demonstrated to have potential adverse effects to the nervous system.
Disadvantages Of ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum
- This product still contains parabens when most other skin care labels have been consciously skipping and removing these from the formulations of all of their product offerings.
- ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum reviews indicate that some users have developed reactions and irritations using this product.
- This product is not suitable for all skin types.
- This product may cause skin allergies.
Does ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including artificial fragrances
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to sodium benzoate which can form benzene as it combines with Vitamin C, and diazolidinyl urea which gives off formaldehyde as a by-product.
- Increased risk for nerve and brain related damages and dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for irreversible skin damage due to chlorphenesin.
Final Verdict : ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum can deliver intense hydration for your delicate eye skin. The bigger question is whether or not it is mild and gentle enough so as not to hurt your delicate eye skin.
The most common eye area issues are puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and crow’s feet, and loss of hydration. There are countless eye creams available on the market today, making it seem nearly impossible to find the “right one” that meets our specific under eye needs. It is imperative to find a product that has been formulated to address a variety of complex eye area problems.