ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum Review: Does This Eye Cream Really Work?
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum Overview:
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum, US $50 for a 0.5 fl. oz. vial, is a skin care eye cream that instantaneously boosts your skin’s moisture content, visibly plumping and smoothening out fine lines and creases to help restore your skin’s youthful appearance.
About ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Elemis, the skin care brand that is strongly founded on the fusion of science, nature, and aromatics. The label traces its humble beginnings to providing spa services.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Relieve eye puffiness and lighten discolorations.
- Restore the ideal moisture content of skin around your eyes.
- Continuously hydrate your eye skin to keep t from drying out.
- Protect and strengthen your eye skin.
- With regular use your eyes should appear healthier, more youthful, and full of life.
What Are The Ingredients In Elemis Absolute Eye Serum?
- Indian Rosewood Oil: It enhances your skin’s natural healing and regenerative functions, significantly improving the tightness, quality, and resilience of your skin, thereby delivering as well protective and corrective functions that promote the appearance of more youthful skin.
- Chamomile Essential Oil: Delivers a soothing and calming effect that helps relieve inflammation and accompanying redness, itchiness and blotchiness to promote a brighter, clearer, more even skin tone.
- Serine: Improves your skin’s synthesis which, in turn, improves your skin’s ability to hold in moisture as well as strengthen its resilience against factors that cause damage and aging.
- Sodium PCA: It supports the restoration of your skin’s ideal moisture content.
- Horse Chestnut Bark Extract: Relieves hyper pigmentation around your eye area, that includes lightening dark circles and brightening your eye skin’s overall complexion.
Directions To Use:
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum must only be used on freshly and thoroughly cleansed and tone skin around your eyes.
- ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum has a very lightweight consistency that easily absorbs into skin to instantly fill in creases that cause aging lines to appear.
- This product does not contain phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin commonly added to personal and skin care products to preserve product quality but which has been repeatedly demonstrated to have potential adverse effects to the nervous system.
- This product still contains parabens when most other skin care labels have been consciously skipping and removing these from the formulations of all of their product offerings.
- ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum reviews indicate that some users have developed reactions and irritations using this product.
Does ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including artificial fragrances
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to sodium benzoate which can form benzene as it combines with Vitamin C, and diazolidinyl urea which gives off formaldehyde as a by-product.
- Increased risk for nerve and brain related damages and dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for irreversible skin damage due to chlorphenesin.
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum Customer Reviews:
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum reviews read:
- “I love Elemis Pro-Collagen eye serum, it’s my HG, so I’ve decided to try Absolute Eye serum for more hudration. Bad decision…I used it for about a month before I’ve noticed a couple of little white very hard fatty pimples appearing around both of my eyes. This is a common sign for too oily products used in the eye area, they cause those mini hard white fatty pimples that are super difficult to get rid of. As soon as I’ve noticed that I’ve stopped, now I have to wait a couple of months for my skin to get back to normal. Never again!” — KateLausanne on MakeupAlley
- “Using this with the pro-collagen eye renewal that was a set sold at Nordstrom. I am never typically impressed enough by products to get me to post a review. This duo is fabulous at keeping my eye are hydrated and the skin plumped without being greasy. I look younger. I have never been so impressed. Just what I was looking for. Will repurchase these 2 products together.” — Gina55 on MakeupAlley
ELEMIS Absolute Eye Serum can deliver intense hydration for your delicate eye skin. The bigger question is whether or not it is mild and gentle enough so as not to hurt your delicate eye skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.