Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner Review: Is It Really Safe To Use?
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner Description
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner, US $16 for 8.4 oz. bottle, has been formulated to provide your skin’s tonic requirements whatever skin type you may have. This product has been formulated to deliver the following specific skin health and beauty benefits:
- Deliver a pH balanced solution that tightens your pores and smoothens out your overall skin tone
- Purifies your pores to draw out dirt, excess oils and product residues to prevent skin infection and breakouts
- Helps restore your skin’s ideal moisture levels by boosting your skin’s moisture content as it locks in moisture and helps facilitate gradual moisture release
Kiehl’s is a brand that has been known for its apothecary style of formulation and bottling since 1851.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner Ingredients
- Squalane: Replenishes your skin’s lost moisture, supports in restoring your skin’s elasticity, and helps keep your skin well-hydrated over longer periods of time
- Vitamin C: Provides powerful antioxidant protection from free radicals while also reinvigorating skin cells and preparing these to perform more massive repairs and regeneration activities at much more efficient rates
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Acts as a moisture magnet that attracts water molecules from the surroundings to rest on the surface of your skin, making gradual moisture release possible that keep skin hydrated for longer
- Vitamin E: Deeply nourishes your skin, helps heal the protective surface layer, and boosts the beneficial effects of Vitamin C for the benefit of your skin
- Persea Gratissima Oil: Laden with fatty acids, it has natural moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties that helps restore your skin’s even tone and healthy looking complexion
Use Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner right after a gentle cleanse and right before you apply your moisturizers. For best results, use with your day time and night time skin care routines by soaking a cotton pad with the product then applying to the skin in upward motion.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner Advantages
- This product does not contain drying alcohols which can be severely irritating, and which can also cause permanent long-term damage to your skin.
- The formula contains deeply moisturizing ingredients combined with anti-inflammatory components that bring back your skin’s healthy appearance and texture.
- A Kiehls facial toner review cited this product for being highly moisturizing.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner Disadvantages
- This product contains several toxic chemicals, including Triethanolamine and PEGs, which have a high potential for causing cancers or binding with other carcinogens, and phenoxyethanol, commonly used as a preservative in cosmetics and personal care products but, which can cause central nervous system damage at toxic levels.
- This product contains fragrance ingredients which can cause skin irritations and other signs of inflammation.
- A Kiehls facial toner review emphasized that this product can cause the skin to tighten and dry out.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner provides a good pH balance that should make people with acne-prone skin happy. Unfortunately, there are irritating products in the formula which can make your blemishes worse. The toxins folded in do not help either.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Toner formulations on the market in our opinion: