St. Ives Apricot Scrub Review
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Introduction
St. Ives Apricot Scrub, US $5 for 6 oz., is a product that promises to deliver deep exfoliating functions to cleanse and purify your skin.
What Does St. Ives Apricot Scrub Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits to improve your skin’s health and appearance:
- Deliver a deep, intensive cleanse that rids your skin of impurities which your regular facial cleanser is not potent enough to eliminate from your skin
- Loosen up the toughened debris of dirt, dust, excess oils and product residues that mask your skin to reveal your gorgeous, beautiful, and naturally glowing skin
- Encourage skin turnover and renewal to surface a younger, less damaged layer
- Promote the appearance of a healthier and more radiant overall complexion and a more even skin tone
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Manufacturer’s Detail
St. Ives is a brand that has become best known for its apricot scrubs, the preferred scrub in the UK. Founded about three decades ago today, the brand continue to uphold its tradition of deriving only the best that nature has to offer for all of its product offerings. St. Ives is currently available in over 100 countries around the world.
Working of St. Ives Apricot Scrub
This product provides a deep cleanse to reveal your clearer and brighter skin, and keep it that way.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Ingredients
- Apricot fruit extract: Has natural intense rehydrating and ultra moisturizing properties that flood your skin with moisture as it also helps heal and restore your skin’s natural ability to capture and store moisture
- Walnut shell powder: Act as physical exfoliators, these refined particles rub against your skin to loosen up tough debris consisting of excess oils and other impurities that get in the way of your otherwise youthful and radiant complexion
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: Deriver from coconut oil, this ingredient helps break up and surface impurities to dissolve these in to this exfoliating solution to eliminate it from your skin
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Pros
- This product is made with 100 per cent natural exfoliants that includes walnut shell powder as the physical exfoliator and the apricot fruit extract which contains natural acids that helps clear your skin of impurities.
- This product has been guaranteed by the manufacturer to be hypoallergenic.
- This product is not formulated with parabens, toxic chemicals that mimic estrogen and which can influence the proper functioning of your reproductive organs, as well as other mechanisms in your body which are regulated by this hormone.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Cons
- Exfoliation, in general, is a skin care practice recommended for everyone, although not all skin types are suitable for performing this technique.
- Scrubs, in general, will always be overcome by AHA and BHA exfoliation when it comes to effectiveness as well as being safer to your skin as compared to vigorous scrubbing which can damage your matrix permanently.
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub reviews posted by users online indicate that this product affects different people in different ways
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to Triethanolamine
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs, chemicals that deliver other components deep into your skin which is what makes it so dangerous, and even more so because this chemical is highly attracted to 1,4 dioxane, a confirmed carcinogen, which PEGS can become easily contaminated with during the manufacturing process
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to Methylisothiazolinone
St. Ives Apricot Scrub must only be used 3 to 4 times every week, depending on your skin’s sensitivity and tolerance with this formula.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub reviews posted by users read:
- “I have very dry, flaky skin on my forehead, above my eyebrows, nose and cheeks. this immediately got rid of that! my skin feels so soft, I love it! I can now wear my makeup without looking all flaky!”
- “This scrub smells great, but it too harsh for my skin. I breakout using this strangely, so I will not be buying this product again.”
St. Ives Apricot Scrub will render some deep cleansing action. It will be able to deliver purifying functions and some moisturizing functions too. However, this formula can go no further. An AHA/BHA exfoliation will easily dawn the benefits that you can ever get from a scrub but, it also isn’t for everyone. Don’t compromise your skin until after you’ve explored your options.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: