What is St. Ives Apricot Scrub?
As per the manufacturer, St. Ives Apricot Scrub is a product that promises to deliver deep exfoliating functions to cleanse and purify your skin. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
St. Ives is a brand that has become best known for its apricot scrubs, the preferred scrub in the UK. Founded about three decades ago today, the brand continues to uphold its tradition of deriving only the best that nature has to offer for all of its product offerings. St. Ives is currently available in over 100 countries around the world.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Pros and Cons
- Skin Type:All Skin Types
- Benefit:Promote New Skin Growth By Ridding The Skin Of The Old, Dead Cells On The Surface
- Ingredients:Apricot Fruit Extract, Walnut Shell Powder, Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Brand:St. Ives
- Weight:5.07 Fl. Oz.
- This product is made with 100 percent natural exfoliants that include walnut shell powder as the physical exfoliator and the apricot fruit extract which contains natural acids that helps clear your skin of impurities.
- This product has been guaranteed by the manufacturer to be hypoallergenic. However, according to customer reviews, it isn’t very effective.
- This product is not formulated with parabens, toxic chemicals that mimic estrogen and which can influence the proper functioning of your reproductive organs, as well as other mechanisms in your body which are regulated by this hormone.
- Exfoliation, in general, is a skincare practice recommended for everyone, although not all skin types are suitable for performing this technique.
- Scrubs, in general, will always be overcome by AHA and BHA exfoliation when it comes to effectiveness as well as being safer to your skin as compared to vigorous scrubbing which can damage your matrix permanently.
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub reviews posted by users online indicate that this product affects different people in different ways.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub – Does It Really work?
This product provides a deep cleanse to reveal your clearer and brighter skin and keep it that way.
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits to improve your skin’s health and appearance:
- Deliver a deep, intensive cleanse that rids your skin of impurities which your regular facial cleanser is not potent enough to eliminate from your skin.
- Loosen up the toughened debris of dirt, dust, excess oils, and product residues that mask your skin to reveal your gorgeous, beautiful, and naturally glowing skin.
- Encourage skin turnover and renewal to surface a younger, less damaged layer.
- Promote the appearance of a healthier and more radiant overall complexion and an evener skin tone.
What are the Ingredients in St. Ives Apricot Scrub?
Apricot Fruit Extract: Has natural intense rehydrating and ultra-moisturizing properties that flood your skin with moisture as it also helps heal and restore your skin’s natural ability to capture and store moisture. However, it may cause a skin reaction .
Walnut Shell Powder: Act as physical exfoliators, these refined particles rub against your skin to loosen up tough debris consisting of excess oils and other impurities that get in the way of your otherwise youthful and radiant complexion .
Cocamidopropyl Betaine: Deriver from coconut oil, this ingredient helps break up and surface impurities to dissolve these into this exfoliating solution to eliminate them from your skin .
Have a look: Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub Reviews
Does St. Ives Apricot Scrub Have Any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including fragrance ingredients.
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to Triethanolamine.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs, chemicals that deliver other components deep into your skin which is what makes it so dangerous, and even more so because this chemical is highly attracted to 1,4 dioxane, a confirmed carcinogen, which PEGS can become easily contaminated during the manufacturing process.
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to Methylisothiazolinone.
How To Apply St. Ives Apricot Scrub?
For best results, the manufacturer suggests that St. Ives Apricot Scrub must only be used 3 to 4 times every week, depending on your skin’s sensitivity and tolerance with this formula.
Que: Does St Ives scrub help acne?
Ans: Yes, Prevents acne.
Que: Is it safe to use St. Ives apricot scrub every day?
Ans: Yes you can use it the everyday choice is yours.
Que: Where can I buy this product?
Ans: Visit the company’s website and place your order.
Final Verdict: St. Ives Apricot Scrub
St. Ives Apricot Scrub will render some deep cleansing action. It will be able to deliver purifying functions and some moisturizing functions too. However, this formula can go no further. An AHA/BHA exfoliation will easily dawn the benefits that you can ever get from a scrub but, it also isn’t for everyone. Don’t compromise your skin until after you’ve explored your options. Also, there is no clear mention of any Return policy on the official website.
Below you'll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion:
The Beauty Insiders takes every opportunity to use high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within our articles. Read our editorial guidelines to learn more about how we keep our content accurate, reliable, and trustworthy. Mayan M, Ghannadi A, Asadi M, Etemad M, Mahzouni P. Anti-inflammatory effect of Prunus armeniaca L. (Apricot) extracts ameliorates TNBS-induced ulcerative colitis in rats. Res Pharm Sci. 2014;9(4):225-231.
 Li Y, Liu Y, Tan H, Zhang Y, Yue M. Use of Walnut Shell Powder to Inhibit Expression of Fe(2+)-Oxidizing Genes of Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13(5):461. Published 2016 Apr 30. doi:10.3390/ijerph13050461
Share Your ExperienceLeave a Review
Have a Question about ? Please Tell Us What We Are Missing Here!