Supergoop 100 Sunscreen SPF 30 Review: Is It Really Effective?
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 Introduction
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30, US $34 for 177 ml, is a mineral only, spray on sunscreen.
What Does Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 Claim
According to manufacturer’s claims, this product has been specially formulated to bring you and your skin the following health and beauty benefits:
- Provide safe and non-toxic physical sun blocking protection for your skin
- Provide up to 80-minute water resistant sun protection
- Enhance the texture of your skin’s surface layer
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 Manufacturer’s Detail
This product has been conceptualized, formulated and distributed by Supergoop, the skin care company dedicated to make sun care more wearable, more convenient to use, and easier to incorporate into your skin care regimen. The brand focus was inspired by its founder Holly Thaggard’s loss due to skin cancer. Inspired by her experience, and fueled by her commitment to improve the quality of sun care, Supergoop is aiming to change how people think and act on their personal sun care needs.
Working of Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30
This product works by delivering mineral sunscreen active to provide broad spectrum sun protection. It also contains anti-inflammatory ingredients that give your skin immediate relief from any sun damage that may be experienced.
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 Ingredients
- Zinc Oxide (12.0%): Physical sunscreen agent
- Bentonite: Absorbs excess oils to keep your skin surface from greasing
- Calendula: Has natural skin soothing and calming properties that help promote a more even and brighter skin tone
- Caprylhydroxamic Acid: Rich in amino acids, it has natural anti-aging properties, and it also serves as product preservative
- Safflower: Calms your skin tone and relieves your skin from different forms of inflammation
- Chamomile: Has natural anti-inflammatory properties that helps brighten your overall complexion
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 Pros
- This product is made only with safe mineral sunscreen and is rid of toxic chemical sunscreen actives.
- The formula was prepared to minimize irritation and skin reaction.
- Spray-on product that is not formulated with aerosol.
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 Cons
- This product comes in huge packaging that will be hard to carry around whether on regular work days or, on resort weekends.
- This product has a limited distribution and may not be accessible in some areas.
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 Side Effects
Mineral sunscreen actives may be the better alternatives when it comes to sunscreen formulations but, it’s an entirely different picture when these are sprayed. Mineral sunscreen actives, including Zinc Oxide, cause lung diseases and other organ dysfunctions when released into the air. So, take care to spray this product on your body, as close to your skin as possible, and without allowing too much of the product to become airborne. If you want to use on your face, spray on your palms then quickly spread all over your face.
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 must be applied at least 15 minutes before stepping outdoors, and reapplied every 2 hours or when sweating heavily or, wet. The product consistency should show up as white. If not, keep shaking to achieve that consistency. Make sure that all surfaces of your skin are thoroughly covered.
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 reviews read:
- “This product feels thick on my skin and does little to help control excess oils from making my skin grease. I literally cannot wear makeup over it. Maybe it’s just not suitable for oilier skin types like mine.”
- “I have very sensitive skin and I can easily use it on my face without any issues. I guess it’s indicated that it’s a body sunscreen only because you are not supposed to spray zinc oxide into your face (it’s not good for respiratory system), so I spray it on my palm and distribute all over the face…white cast is unnoticeable and liquid texture is very easy to reapply, it won’t peel or budge. ” — KateLausanne on MakeupAlley
Supergoop! 100% Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 is a safer alternative to commercial chemical sunscreens. Except, this product packaging presents a whole different set of risks to your overall health and well-being. It’s best for you to weigh the risks and compare with other options.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: