Everyone who is faced with a person who owns a skin beaming with a natural glow and radiance ends up with the same reaction: breathless.
That’s the kind of impact we all want.
That’s the kind of skin we all desire.
No less than the woman with sun-kissed skin, Beyoncé, shares the truth she has learned about beauty, “A woman is most beautiful when she smiles.
Other than that, the most valuable tip I’ve learned is always to use a skin moisturizer!
Hydration And Your Skin
One of the worst skin conditions to watch out for is dry skin, a condition that becomes extra challenging during the colder months and when seasonal changes in weather conditions set in.
Other than that, dry skin also results from a number of other factors that include:
- Natural skin aging.
- As we age, our skin tends to lose its efficiency in capturing moisture.
- Improper skincare.
- Incorrect cleansing practices also tend to dry out the skin.
- Wrong choice of products.
- Know what ingredients dry out your skin, like alcohols, and those that cause it to become inflamed, such as irritating dyes and fragrances.
- Unnecessary sun exposure.
- Sunshine is a requirement of good health but not when we’re getting too much
- Acquired and congenital skin diseases.
- Some people are simply born with weak mechanisms for skin synthesis that make their skin drier than normal, prone to itching and breaking out.
Going Head-On With Skin Dryness
Whatever the cause of dry skin is, there is no other way to outsmart dry skin than to tackle it head-on.
Dry skin is not a normal skin condition when you don’t have a clinically diagnosed skin disease that causes it.
Listed below are five tips that you can follow to regain normal levels of skin moisture, including during the winter months:
Tip No. 1: Take Control Of The Temp
You already know that extreme weather conditions and abrupt weather changes cause your skin to dry out.
Therefore, your top priority is to influence the immediate environment around you.
No, you can’t change when the snow flakes start falling but, you can take control of what happens indoors.
Control the thermostat and use a humidifier.
Tip No. 2: Wear Protective Clothing When Outdoors
You want physical barriers that block off your skin from harsh environmental conditions — the dry wind, the cold surroundings — that you cannot control.
This you can achieve by covering up your skin appropriately with winter clothes and accessories.
Those thermal jackets and mittens help keep your skin’s moisture in.
Get exposed to the winter weather only when you absolutely must.
Tip No. 3: Exfoliate
This is one rule of healthy skin people would normally choose to leave out once winter sets in. Wrong!
The cold weather drives our skin to flake and shed more often at the expense of the availability of a suitable layer to replace it.
To close the gap between shedding and surfacing new skin, regular exfoliation, which can range in frequency from once to thrice weekly depending on your skin sensitivity, is a must.
Tip No. 4: Hydrate
Moisturize inside and out. Keep your fluids close.
Drink up and eat moisture-rich foods, particularly fresh veggies and fruits which contain high amounts of water.
Make sure that you’re choosing your products well, check the labels.
Make sure that the beneficial ingredients come before the preservatives and additives.
That way, you can be certain that you’re getting more of the good stuff and not merely having these in insignificant amounts.
Tip No. 5: Sleep
The most important tip is to give yourself enough rest and sleep.
In this way, you are supporting your skin in treating and regenerating damages in the skin matrix.
Sleep at least 7 hours a night. It’s both for your skin and overall health.
Que: How do you fix dry skin in the winter?
Ans: Tips for combating dry skin in winter
- Limit the length and frequency of your showers.
- Look for fragrance-free products.
- Read ingredient labels carefully.
- Don’t over-exfoliate.
- Protect your hands.
- Use a humidifier.
Que: How to treat dry skin on face?
Ans: To Treat Dry Skin On Face
- Moisturize daily.
- Use a gentle cleanser.
- Exfoliate to remove excess dry skin.
- Practice better bathing habits.
- Use a humidifier.
Que: What are the home remedies for dry skin on the face?
Ans: 10 Natural, DIY Remedies to Moisturize Dry Skin
- Whip Up an Olive Oil Cleanser to Soothe Dry Skin.
- Creamy Avocado Mask.
- Make a Natural Olive Oil and Sugar Scrub.
- Create an Easy Oatmeal Soak to Calm Your Skin.
- Exfoliate Your Face With a Homemade Oatmeal Honey Mask.
- Apply Coconut Oil Before Bedtime.
Dry skin is not a normal skin condition in winter. Keep these five tips in mind and practice these because if breathless skin is what you want then, this is the way.