Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream Review
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream Introduction
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream, US $27 for 0.33 fl. oz., is a special formula designed to bring comfort and relief to the delicate skin around your eyes.
What Does Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream Claim
Based on manufacturer’s claims, this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following health and beauty benefits for your skin:
- Correct and fade the signs of skin aging that appear around your eyes
- Restore your skin’s optimal moisture content
- Provide better protection from damage and aging to this area
- Strengthen your skin and re-fortify the outer layer to build resilience
- Lighten dark marks and brighten your overall skin tone
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream Manufacturer’s Detail
Avene is a French skincare brand inspired by the healing powers of the Avene Thermal Spring Water which has been used for centuries to treat various skin conditions. This water has been claimed to consist of several minerals required by your skin in high quantities to facilitate faster, more efficient healing. It now serves as the base ingredient for all the products formulated by Avene.
Working of Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream
This product offers a multi-faceted solution to reinvigorate the health and youthfulness of your eye skin. It provides nourishment and protection, most especially.
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream Ingredients
- Avene Thermal Spring Water: Contains minerals your skin needs to recover from damage and to strengthen it to make it better able to withstand environmental causes of skin damage and aging
- Mineral Oil: Moisturizes your skin, dramatically giving it a boost that plumps it and restores its dewiness and suppleness
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Captures and stores moisture from the surroundings so that your skin can stay comfortably hydrated over longer periods of time
- Vitamin E: Helps revive your skin’s protective barrier to keep moisture in, as it simultaneously nourishes your skin to restore moisture as well as protect it from cell-damaging free radicals
- Antioxidants: Revitalizes your skin and forms a shield to help stop free radicals and other environmental stressors from damaging your skin
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream Pros
- Manufacturer guarantees that this product has undergone and passed a series of tests that establish its efficacy and safety.
- The formula has been tested and approved by a dermatologist.
- The cream has a very lightweight consistency that allows it to become easily absorbed and assimilated by your skin.
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream Cons
- The manufacturer does not present any study that would demonstrate this products efficacy
- Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream reviews written by unsatisfied users rant that this product made no improvements to the appearance of their wrinkles, fine lines and age spots
- This eye cream’s formula is rather too simplistic for a cream intended for targeted intervention, lacking ingredients such as peptides and ceramides that can help restore skin’s youthful strength, elasticity and vibrance.
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin and eye irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including Dextran Sulfate
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to potential prolonged exposure to Triethanolamine
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs, chemicals that combine easily with the confirmed carcinogen, 1,4 dioxane
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream must be incorporated into your morning and evening skin care routines. Apply the product only on freshly cleansed and toned skin.
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream reviews posted by users read:
- “The hydration was okay but every time I used it at night I woke up with gooey and crusty eyes/eyelids but thought maybe I had a virus or something. I stopped using it for a few days and used another product and had no problem so I tried it one more time and the same thing happened. Will be throwing this out!”
- “This is a wonderful and soothing eye cream for people who just want a bit of moisture around their eye areas. No promises of tightening or getting rid of wrinkles, just a gentle moisturizer.”
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream is a formula that can help restore moisture on skin around your eyes. Unfortunately, its ingredients are so basic that it shouldn’t be any different from your regular moisturized if your have a well-formulated one. You can choose to either use this product, find a more potent formula or, use your moisturizer to re-hydrate these parts.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.