Beauty Benefits of Using a Serum And Also Know How To Use It!
First of all, do you need a serum in your routine? The answer is that it depends on your skin needs. Just like with most other skincare product, a serum is only required for certain skin condition. Below are the top five questions you probably have about serums and the corresponding answers:
Question No. 1: What Types Of Skin Will Need a Serum?
- Aging Skin – Aging skin is generally low on everything that the skin needs to keep the wheels of repair and regeneration turning efficiently. A serum can help up the levels of, foremost, collagen, hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C.
- Lifeless And Dull Complexion – When skin is characterized as such, it is generally unhealthy. Therefore, adding antioxidants in the form of a highly concentrated serum will help correct the condition.
- Dry skin or skin with dark pigments – In general, this skin type craves plenty of nutrients which is why it is ideal to treat dry skin to layer after layer of moisturizing products. Serums containing Vitamin E and Vitamin C will be ideal to correct dry skin.
Question No. 2: Can I Skip My Moisturizer If I Already Have a Serum?
No. In many instances, serums also double up as moisturizers but, the mechanisms for penetrating the skin are just not the same. Serums often have very tiny molecules that make the formula so lightweight. This allows serums to easily penetrate and moisturize your skin. However, because of that, serums often leave a moisturized, comforting feeling on the surface layer of your skin which is why you still need a moisturizer.
Question No. 3: What is the correct way to apply my serum?
Never apply serum on face that has not yet been cleansed and toned. Apply your serum as close to your skin as possible. If you are using topical medications like retinoids or water-based acne treatment, apply those first . Layer with your serum. As these are water-based, always apply serum before your face oils. Your thick moisturizing creams go on top.
Always perform a patch test to avoid allergic reactions.
Question No. 4: How Many Times In a Day Should a Serum Be Applied?
Read usage instructions on the label. Either once or twice daily should be fine. If your serum contains photosensitizing agents, like retinol, however, you must only use it at night because retinol break down under sunlight.
Question No. 5: Why Are Serums So Expensive?
That’s because serums contain highly concentrated beneficial ingredients for your skin.
Welcome to the wonderful, confusing world of skincare! It’s that one aspect of our daily lives we know is so loaded with science and yet so sick laden with myths at the same time. Whenever you feel down because of your skin issues, remember what Michelle Obama said: ”No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are beautiful.”
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.