Micro Feathering Vs Microblading: What’s The Difference?
We have all been constantly reminded about the importance of framing our faces with the perfect eyebrow shape that suits our faces and nobody could discount how important truly the eyebrow shapes are in flattering anybody’s look. Gone are the days of permanent eyebrow tattooing. That means, no more eyebrows falling or becoming discolored with age. Permanent cosmetics procedures have been at the core of eyebrow grooming for a long time and, these days, it’s not unusual for women to inquire about micro feathering vs. microblading.
What’s Up Brow?
The semi-permanent brow tattoo techniques have gone a long way from the 80’s permanent eyebrow tattoos that gave everybody who took that tequila shot and 2it the hell out of the lemon to beat the pain that came with brow tattoing a hard time maintaining as they got older. Aestheticians learned from the experience and are now taking cosmetic eyebrow tattooing to a whole new level.
What’s the latest buzz in Hollywood? Everybody from Gwyneth Paltrow to Lorde to Hailee Steinfeld are wearing their micro feathering brows. At the helm of this brow raising trend is Hollywood’s celebrity aesthetician, Kristie Streicher, whose STRIIIKE studio is becoming the go-to hangout for Hollywood’s A-listers to rehab their eyebrows.
Related: EyeBrow Microblading: Semi-Permanent Eyebrow Enhancing
What is Micro Feathering Eyebrow technique?
Micro feathering eyebrows is the latest craze for people who want to do away with spending long hours getting their eyebrows done — once and for all. The name is said to have originated from the STRIIIKE studio’s feathered brow look.
Unlike the old world ways of brow tattooing, this technique draws semi-permanent hair strands over sparse areas of your eyebrows, rather than on your full brow. What sets apart this technique is that the aesthetician strives to perfect your natural brow growth using very little intervention — dying and wounding combined — to make up for any shortcomings you have on your eyebrows. Tiny hairlike growths are carefully and selectively drawn in the natural direction of your hair.
Micro Feathering is continuing to gain good reputation and has become a highly recommended solution for how to get rid of patchy eyebrows safely.
Micro Feathering Vs Microblading: What is the difference?
Microblading is another brow grooming trend that recently hit the US by storm. Although, the tattoing technique has been tried, tested, and recommended in Europe and in Asia for many years now.
What Is Eyebrow Microblading? Also known as Eyebrow Embroidery Procedure, this technique has produced commendable results that are evidently better looking and safer that the old ways of brow tattooing just like micro stroke feathering claims it also brings.
Both microblading and feathering offer the following benefits over the more traditional permanent cosmetics procedures in shaping your eyebrows:
- Involve minimal pain and bleeding
- Do not redound to downtime
- Both can be easily retouched and redrawn to match the naturally changing appearance of your eyebrows as you age
- Use customizable inks to match your natural hair color and skin tone
- Appear naturally enhanced and non-artificial looking
- Stays on, does not slip, sweat-proof and waterproof
- Low maintenance
- Micro Feather 3d Eyebrows can also be achieved with microblading
What is the difference between microblading and micro feathering? Here are a number of points where these two techniques differ:
- Best use– Microblading works best for people who have not been naturally endowed with thick eyebrows, meaning people with very thin or sparse brows. Micro feathering brows works best for people who have rich and naturally thick eyebrows or, for people who only require touch-ups to improve the appearance of their eyebrows.
- Technique- Microblading draws on the entire brow area while micro feathering only draws tiny hair strands over sparse areas. Microblading uses a tiny blade while micro feathering uses a tiny needle. Both will be slathered with customizable ink that settles on the gaps created by the cuts or incisions and eventually gets deposited on the surface layer of your skin.
- Resource investment- Microblading will generally cost less than micro feathering, although both will cost close to US $1,000. Microblading will typically take about 2 hours and 1 session to complete, while eyebrow microfeathering will take about 1.5 hours and 2 sessions to complete.
- Pre-Procedure Preparation- Microblading can be done on the day of your first consultation. Micro feathering, on the other hand, will take anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks of no tweezing, plucking or waxing before the first session is implemented. Another similar period is allowed to pass before the second session is scheduled to assess the results and to touch-up if required.
- Results- Microblading Eyebrows Technique gives you a more defined arch while micro feathering will highlight the natural fullness of your eyebrows, giving it a natural-looking contour that is appropriate to your natural eyebrow thickness. While both will produce naturally looking strands, microblading will give you deeper cuts whereas micro feathering will leave your brows with very light, feathery strokes.
Related: New Braided Brows Trend On Instagram: Is It Fake Or Real?
What Are Eyebrow Tattoo Aftercare Instructions?
Needless to say, it is in your best interest to closely follow cosmetic eyebrow tattoo aftercare instructions to make sure you get the most out of your eyebrow microstroking investment and help keep your gorgeous brows on for longer. More importantly, you want to keep from infecting the treatment area.
Below are tips that you can follow to take care of your brows after getting the procedure done:
- Keep the treated area clean.
- Apply the antiseptic or take the antibiotic which your skin care specialist or aesthetician may advise, and apply the correct dosage and frequency.
- Don’t cleanse, wet, scrub or, exfoliate the treatment area. Do not wash for at least 48 hours to allow wounds to heal rapidly and properly.
- Don’t use makeup until the inflammation is completely gone.
- Do not get a facial or get into a steamy sauna or spa for at least the next two weeks following treatment.
- Do not expose your skin to the sun.
- Refrain from using topical skin treatments that contain retinol to avoid discoloring your eyebrows.
- Do not wax, pluck or tweeze the treatment area for at least 6 to 8 weeks following treatment.
- Avoid touching the treatment area with your bare hands to keep infection off.
- Make sure to come for your second session for follow up.
Related: This Negative Space EyeBrows Trend Is Going Viral Over The Internet
Aftercare advice for semi permanent eyebrows should be closely followed. Before you get anything done, you should also very carefully weigh your options and make sure that you know the risks and benefits. Take note that micro feathering is a semi-permanent cosmetic technique. That means you need another US $1,000 to spend next year to maintain your beautifully shaped eyebrows.