Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream Review: Is It Safe And Effective?
Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream Introduction
Clad in a classy green 15 ml. jar, Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream is formulated with Dr. Perricone’s patented Olive Polyphenols and four proprietary Neuropeptides that aims to address fine lines, loss of firmness, visible crow’s feet, dryness and dark circles.
It is said to be a multi-tasking eye treatment that promotes firmness and smoothness in the skin while delivering moisture and hydration for that more youthful look. A hypoallergenic cream that is gentle enough to be used post-cosmetic procedure and also ideal for dry and sensitive skin, Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream can be a good layering over any eye treatment.
Sold at $72.00 individually, the eye cream is also a part of Perricone MD’s hypoallergenic collection that is a set of antioxidant products that comes with a cleanser and moisturizer derived from the olive fruit and olive leaf to deeply nourish the skin while delivering visible anti-aging results.
It can also be bought with the eye-lid serum to help tighten the upper eye lid while minimizing dark circles, a pair that they call fabulous eyes in a flash.
Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream Manufacturer’s Detail
Dr. Nicholas Perricone, inspired by his inflammation theory (by controlling inflammation, the chance of getting a disease can be minimized, and skin’s health and youthfulness can me maintained), established Perricone MD in 1997 to offer nutritional supplements and skincare formulations to address the underlying causes of aging.
Dr. Perricone introduced a nutritive approach to control inflammation and help lead to healthy aging and beautiful skin. The three-tiered solution consists of eating an anti-inflammatory diet, taking nutritional supplements and applying topical skin care with anti-inflammatory activity.
Perricone MD products are formulated with antioxidants such as Acyl-Glutathione, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester, Neuropeptides and Olive Polyphenols, as well as a Cold Plasma Delivery System that ensures the delivery of optimal nutrients to the skin for maximum benefits. All their products are paraben and cruelty free.
They offer free standard shipping on online purchases and products are returnable within 30 days of order date.
Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream Ingredients
- Water – used as a solvent that dissolves many of the ingredients that impart skin benefits, such as conditioning agents and cleansing agents. It also forms emulsions in which the oil and water components of the product are combined to form beauty products.
- Neuropeptides – help boost the appearance of suppleness and firmness. There are four exclusive neuropeptides (Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-12%) added to work synergistically in fighting aging signs such as fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, deep creases, and dark creases
Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream Pros
- Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream is formulated with Olive Polyphenols and four proprietary Neuropeptides to minimize the appearance of fine lines and crow’s feet and improve skin’s smoothness and firmness.
- A multi-tasking eye treatment that soothes dry and sensitive skin, gentle enough to be used post-cosmetic procedure.
- It is lightweight, non-greasy, and paraben and cruelty free.
- Perricone MD offers free standard shipping and purchases can be returned within 30 days of order date.
Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream Cons
- The ratios of ingredients contained are not provided in their website.
- The page for Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream cannot be found in their website as of time of writing, or any scientific study to prove manufacturer’s claim. However, product is included in their hypoallergenic collection and fabulous eyes in a flash set.
- This product is expensive compared to other eye cream products available in the market.
Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream Side Effects
There are no claims or reports that Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream had any known harmful side effect.
Apply one to two dots of cream along the eye contour in the morning and evening, continuously for eight weeks.
For optimal results, use a favorite eye treatment then put on eye cream.
Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream is said to be a multi-tasking formulation that promotes firmness and smoothness in the skin while delivering moisture and hydration for a more youthful appearance. The classy green jar contains Dr. Perricone’s patented Olive Polyphenols and four proprietary Neuropeptides that aim to address fine lines, loss of firmness, visible crow’s feet, dryness and dark circles.
Looking at the listed ingredients, the eye cream contains a lot of hydrating ingredients that may make it a good moisturizing cream and conditioner for the eyes. Perricone MD included some antioxidants and peptides that may give solutions to anti-aging concerns but their amount have not been disclosed and they were mentioned last giving the notion that there may be just a small amount of each of these Neuropeptides.
Should the price of this product be compared to other similar products, Perricone MD Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream is on the expensive side that consumers may go for a more affordable brand that offers the same benefits.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.