In This Article
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is a brand of professionally-administered dermal filler made by Allergan, a pharmaceutical company based in Dublin, Ireland.
It harnesses the power of hyaluronic acid, which is known for its excellent ability to provide intense moisturizing and volumizing properties to the skin.
Juvederm is available in five variants: Volbella, Vollure, Voluma, Ultra, and Ultra Plus XC. These variants differ mainly in hyaluronic acid concentration and, in turn, indicated uses.
Who is the manufacturer of Juvederm?
Allergan is an Irish-domiciled company that specializes in the development and manufacture of drugs and medical devices.
They specialize in four key areas: central nervous system, gastroenterology, eye care, and medical aesthetics. Juvederm is among the company’s popular products, along with Botox.
What are the active ingredients used in Juvederm?
Juvederm utilizes the power of one, yet very effective, anti-aging ingredient:
- Hyaluronic Acid – This molecule is used in numerous anti-aging products due to its moisturizing and skin volumizing properties. It can attract and hold moisture up to 1000x its weight, and then locking it up into the skin for sustained moisturization. As a dermal filler, it has the added benefit of acting as a cushioning agent. The hyaluronic acid used in Juvederm is the cross-linked type and derived from animals. As for hyaluronic acid in general, its benefits in anti-aging and more was discussed in this 2012 review article from the journal of DermatoEndocrinology.
How does Juvederm work?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring compound in the body, and one of its many functions is adding moisture and volume to the skin.
As we age, the amount of this compound starts to wane, causing the skin to become thinner, saggier, and more wrinkly.
It works by physically adding hyaluronic acid to the skin and this molecule, in turn, moisturizes and volumizes the skin by attracting and locking up moisture.
Through these mechanisms, Juvederm brings back the skin’s healthy and youthful appearance.
What are the advantages of using Juvederm?
- It comes in five different variants, each one with a specific indication.
- Helps restore the skin’s lost moisture and volume.
- Claims to provide long-lasting moisture by attracting and locking up moisture.
- It provides immediate, natural-looking results that could last for up to two years.
What are the disadvantages of using Juvederm?
- It can be costlier than your topically-applied anti-aging products.
- It may not be suitable for those who have a history of allergy to local anesthetics, and/or extremely sensitive skin (due to the addition of bacterial proteins in the formula).
- It is recommended only for individuals aged 21 and above.
Is it worth buying Juvederm?
Juvederm comes in many variants that will help address skin aging problems no matter where or how severe they are. It is safe and instantly provides results that are natural-looking.
Furthermore, it is by far the only FDA-approved dermal filler. It is one of the best choices when it comes to cosmetic anti-aging treatments.
How much is Juvederm?
Juvederm is charged per syringe, with the average cost ranging anywhere from $400 to $600. The total cost of treatment depends on the area being treated – location, extent, and a number of syringes needed. Only your specialist can determine the exact total.
Who should use Juvederm?
Juvederm is used for treating aged skin. It is particularly recommended for those who are looking for instant, yet natural-looking results.
Are there any side effects of using Juvederm?
Adverse effects associated with Juvederm injections are mild in nature and tend to go away even without treatment. The most commonly reported side effects include swelling, tenderness, redness, bruising, itching, and slight pain. Severe side effects are uncommon, and any occurrence of such necessitates consultation with your specialist.
How should you use/apply Juvederm?
It is intended for professional use and you can’t buy or use it by yourself. Nonetheless, you can always look for a certified provider to administer the filler injections for you.
Does Juvederm have a return policy?
The refund or satisfaction guarantee for the treatment depends on your treatment provider. Most providers honor refund requests by unsatisfied or unhappy patients.
If you wish to get rid of the signs of aging on your face or any other parts of the body, yet have no patience to wait for the improvements provided by topical anti-aging products, then dermal filler injections might be perfect for you. Dermal fillers provide instant results.
As for the brand, this proves to be among the best out there. And the best thing is, they have the right kind of fillers to fit your needs.
Many customers who have had dermal filler injections using this brand were happy and satisfied with the results.
The outcome turns out to be exactly what they had hoped. If you want the same for you, we suggest trying it out with your nearest provider.