Fix Those Sunken Eye Effectively To Get Rid Of Under Eye HallowsAdvertising Disclosure ?
There couldn’t be any more depressing mornings than waking up looking like the human incarnate of Jack Skellington. Blame it on the dark circles and the eye bags all you want but, you are highly encouraged to examine your under eye hollows too. It’s highly probable that the harrowing appearance of your eyes are caused by these sunken, dark skin engulfing your delicate eye area.
How Do You Know If You Are Dealing With Under Eye Hollows?
There are a number of skin issues associated with the sensitive skin surrounding your eyes. So, how do you know for sure if it’s under eye hollows that you’re seeing? Listed below are just a couple of pointers for you to know for sure:
- Deep under eye hallows appear as if your eyes are deep set into the two holes in your skull.
- Sunken under eye hallows manifest when there is a significant loss of mass on your cheeks, causing your eye area to sag and sink.
- The line on your lower eyelid appears reddish, purplish or black.
- A dark shadow appears on your under eye area.
- It gives you a look that makes people think you’re tired and probably sick.
Related: How To Choose The Eye Cream That Is Perfect For Your Eyes?
What Are The Causes Of Under Eye Hollows
Before you even start thinking about how to get rid of under eye hallows, you must first have a good understanding of what’s causing them to appear in the first place. These factors or a combination of which could be causing your eye to lose its once bright and vibrant vibe:
- Heredity. There’s a good chance that you inherited the condition. You know that this is the cause when you’ve always had eye hollows even as a child.
- Stress and chronic sleeplessness. Both conditions feed one another. Lack of sufficient sleep does all bad things to your body, suffering your skin and appearance included.
- Loss of significant amount of weight. Under eye hallows normally become prominent among people with slender faces and those who dramatically lose a plenty of weight, most especially when that happens over a relatively short span of time.
- Improper sleeping position. Unnecessarily subjecting your eye area to the strong force of gravity night after night is bound to sink your eye skin deep into your skull. The better sleeping position, even experts agree, is to lie with your back against the bed, placing your head to be slightly higher than the rest of your body. This helps you prevent sunken eyes and avoid wrinkles as well.
- Certain medical conditions and medications. Dehydration, allergies, trauma to the eyes, and iron deficiency are just some of the conditions that make your eyes lose volume that sinks your eyes.
- Aging. Among what causes under eye hollows, this one in particular comes naturally. That means, everybody of average weight relative to height will get sunken eyes at some point of their lives and nothing, not even the best eye cream products will be able to help you avoid that.
How Do You Make Under Eye Hollows Disappear?
You will find that some treatments and remedies are similar to recommended solutions on how to reduce the appearance of under eye bags. For treating and correcting under eye hallows, there are at least four ways you can reduce their prominence:
1. Exercise to reduce under eye hollows
Believe it or not, there are exercises to uplift under eye hollows. These exercises work by firming up your eye muscles as well as those underneath surrounding skin. The other benefit, of course, is improved blood and fluid circulation in these areas. Two such exercises are detailed below for you to try:
- Wink And Lift. Keep your lips gently closed throughout this facial exercise. Wink on your left eye. As you do it, feel your cheek muscles come up. Roll the wrinkle of your face over your nose then, over to the right side then wink. Again feel your right cheek muscles come up as you do.
- Rolling Eyes. Use your three fingers in the middle to gently press on the skin under your eyes as you pull up your skin slightly upwards towards your temples. Look up then, roll your eyes clockwise then, sideways. Pause. Look up then, roll your eyes counter clockwise then, sideways. Keep repeating the movement at least 10 times.
2. Natural remedies to reduce under eye hollows
Undoubtedly, some of the best treatments for under eye hollows are the common cooking ingredients that you can find in your kitchen every day. Here are two natural concoctions for you to prepare and your skin to feed on:
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and Honey. Since hollow eyes are caused by a significant loss of volume, you want to plump up that area with more moisture. Coconut oil also contains essential fatty acids that help heal skin faster.
- Frozen Potato Slices Soaked In Mashed Berries and Almond Oil. This remedy is a top-rated recommendation for how to fill under eye hollows naturally. The potato slices are meant to de-stress your eye area. The berries are loaded with antioxidants which helps revive the life in your dull eye skin. Almond Oil delivers a skin plumping function.
3. Products for under eye hollows
Well-formulated eye creams and serums remain to be top solutions for correcting under eye hollows. What to look for in an eye cream? Skin plumping ingredients like hyaluronic acid, co-enzyme Q10 (aka ubiquinone), collagen, peptides, and botanical oils all help restore ideal skin volume to keep your eyes from sinking.
4. Medical treatments for under eye hollows
Among solutions that tell you how to plump under eye hollows, these solutions give you instant results — absolutely no waiting around. Here are the best treatment fixes for under eye hollows:
- Dermal fillers. The results are instant but, the results do not last forever. What is the best filler for under eye hollows? Since loss of volume is the primary cause of this skin condition, skincare specialists will normally prescribe a hyaluronic acid filler to plump the hollow area of skin around your eyes. Results can last for up to 15 months following injection.
- Plastic surgery. The plastic surgeon extracts fat from another region in your body to transplant in the treatment area. Results last longer depending on the quality of surgery but also on patient’s adherence to aftercare.
Sleep, make healthier choices with your diet, and workout up to four times weekly. Don’t allow yourself to succumb to stress. As they say, find time to stop and smell the flowers. Taking better care of yourself is the best way to promote your skin’s health and beauty over the longer term — better than any dark circle reduction treatment or dynamic wrinkles treatment can ever deliver.