Sunken Eyes Makeup Secrets For Glam Look
What Is Sunken Eyes?
So, how will you know if the sunken eyes makeup tips in this article will work for you? What Are Sunken Eyes in the first place?
One distinct feature of sunken eyes is that the eyelids are darker than the rest of the facial skin. Deep set eyes, as they are so fondly called, refer to eyes that are somewhat bigger than usual and are located a little further into the eye sockets. Eyebrows also appear close to the eyes, and the eyelids may not be as obvious when eyes are wide open. This particular set of eyes differ from hooded eyes because the latter can be identified with the extra skin above the eyelids.
Here are two tests you can try to know if your eyes are indeed deep set:
- Check if you can see your eyelids on the outer of your eyes or if it narrows down when it gets toward the inner corner.
- Place a pencil on the brow bone and cheek. If your eyes are set back behind it, you have sunken eyes.
The Celebrities With Deep Set Eyes:
If you are still confused on whether your eyes are deep set or not, here is a list of a few well-known celebrities with deep-set eyes to give you a further idea.
- Claudia Schiffer
- Demi Moore
- Kirsten Stewart
- Jennifer Aniston
- Kirsten Dunst
- Kate Middleton
- Renee Zellweger
- Sandra Bullock
- Lea Michele
- Jennifer Love Hewitt
- Kate Winslet
- Tina Fey
- Kiera Knightly
- Halle Berry
Makeup Essentials For Sunken Eye Makeup Look
If by now, you are pretty sure that you have this eye shape, these makeup tips that will surely add more intensity and style to your usual gaze.
Here are a couple of things you might need if you are wondering How To Apply Makeup On Sunken Eyes:
- A primer to ensure your makeup stays in place
- A concealer to lessen the darkness around the eye
- A light eyeshadow palette to add more brightness to your eyelids
- A couple of eyeliners, preferably of neutral shades.
- A mascara for the final touch
Related: Useful Makeup Tips for Gorgeous Eyes
How To Apply Makeup For Deep Set Eyes?
This step-by-step Sunken Eyes Makeup Tutorial will give you a larger and lighter gaze:
1. Primer is an important first step
Deep set eyes usually appear dull due to the under eye circles, so it is essential that you apply a primer to make your eyes pop. Also, you do not want to darken the skin around your eyes more than it already is. The primer stops mascara and eyeliners from getting smudged so that you will not end up looking like a panda.Sure, pandas are cute, but I’m not sure you want to end up looking like one. Ensure your makeup does not go anywhere by not skipping application of primer.
2. Apply a makeup base in the eye area
Achieve a unified tone on your face by putting on a makeup base also on the eyelids. Some people fail to place some in the area, but this is an important step in lightening dark circles around the eyes.
3. Conceal the darkness away
An important tip when putting on makeup For Sunken Under Eyes is to hide those eye bags right away. Dark circles come with your type of peepers, so it is quite impossible not to have any. Just learn how to properly conceal it by applying he ride shade of concealer. Blend it well onto the skin to stop it from getting cakey. Finish off with a dab of powder to take away the oiliness. This step is one of the most important of guidelines for eye makeup for any eye shape!
4. Choose light eyeshadows
Like mentioned earlier, you already have dark skin around your eyes.Choosing dark palettes to paint your eyes appear to be a bit of an overkill.A perfect way on how to reduce under eye hollows is to choose contrasting shades. Soft colors like peach and pink can make your eyes look brighter and more radiant.For a more coordinated look, choose a shade that complements your eye color.
- Highlight some areas of your eyelids
- Contour some areas of your eyelids
Create an illusion of bringing out your deep-set eyes by swiping a light shade on the inner corners. Make sure that at the inner corners of your eyes, you are using the lightest of the shades you chose. Also, place a highlight on the area on the brow bone to complete your look.You can look for Cranberry Eye Makeup Tutorial for a more specific guide.
Distract people from the deep-set nature of your eyes, by choosing darker shades for the outer corner of your eyes.This will help make your eyes more shapely.
If you want to know how to apply smokey eye make up on this particular type of lookers, skip the shades of grey and black. Instead, just go darker with shades of any other color that looks good on you and your ensemble.
5. Keep things light with the eyeliner
Applying eyeliner all over your eyelids, from the outer corners all the way to the inner corners will make your eyes look smaller. This is quite unflattering for women with deep-set eyes. Dark eyeliners like black and brown can make the eyes appear darker. It is better to choose neutral shades like brown to line your eyes with. Tightlining is the process of lining the water lines to fill the gaps in between the lashes, creating an invisible eyeliner.On the below lash line, a light shade, preferably white can open your eyes more.
6. Open up your eyes with a mascara
Finish off with a smudge-proof and waterproof mascara to correct the form of your eyelashes. Avoid overdoing it. Concentrate on the outer corners of the eyes and keep it light on the inner circles. Just apply one to two coats, and you are done!
While these tips for eye makeup are indeed helpful, you may be wondering if there are ways to lessen the dark circle and dullness caused by sunken eyes? Fix sunken eyes with this eye-opening ideas.
How to Firm and Lift Sunken Eyes?
While on the search for the best sunken eye cream, why not try to go the natural way?
Some of the best remedies for sunken eyes can be found in your kitchen. These are:
- Coconut Oil keeps the skin around the eyes hydrated and nourished. It is high in antioxidants that fight unhealthy skin cells, resulting in a more natural glow.
- Castor oil conditions the skin well. It hydrates the skin and makes it healthier by eliminating free radicals that contribute to undereye darkening.
- Cucumber is ideal to use after a long tiring day. Thanks to its ability to rejuvenate the skin around the eyes, you will be left with glowing skin.
- Avocado oil contains essential fatty acids that nourish the undereye skin. It also stimulates the production of collagen while adding protection to the area around the eyes.
Related: Dark Circles under My Eyes: How to Get Rid of Them?