Wrinkle Cream Reviews: Which Ones Work Best?Advertising Disclosure ?
The content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
With countless anti-aging brands and products that have amassed in the market, it is almost impossible not to be swamped with information on which ones work best for your skin. As the personal care market grows into the trillions, things are bound to get even more challenging than it already it. As a consumer, the only way you can protect yourself from being duped is to be ahead of your anti-aging game.
This or That?
Here’s what you already know – that anti-wrinkle ingredients do not produce the same impact on your skin. What you might not know is that there are at least five ingredients that have been tried, tested and shown to bring about the most beneficial outcomes to the advantage of your aging skin.
Check how your anti-wrinkle cream fares with these list of top 5 ingredients your anti-aging cream must have:
1. Hyaluronic acid and Co-enzyme Q10. These components are naturally found in your skin. What skin creams contain are plant extracts of these hyper moisturizing ingredients that mimic the hydration rich, moisture-binding properties of these components naturally produced by your skin because, unfortunately, production dwindles as you age.
2. Peptides. These ingredients may come in every imaginable variations. Most act to help moisturize skin and keep it that way. Others, like argireline, act on your nerves. In the case of argireline, it provides a Botox-like effect, preventing muscles to contract so as to even your skin surface and improve the appearance of fine lines and deep-seated wrinkles.
3. Retinols. These come in different concentrations. The prescription types work best but even the most minute amount of this Vitamin A derivative, commonly found in over-the-counter creams, can cause visible, noticeable improvements to your skin. Benefits include prevention and reversal of wrinkles but also different signs of skin aging. Retinols have also been proven to inhibit melanin, thereby brightening your overall skin complexion but also making dark marks and hyperpigmented sections of the skin much less visible.
4. Antioxidants. When it comes to skin creams, not all antioxidants are equally beneficial. According to several studies, the ingredients most likely to deeply nourish your skin in an instant is a combination – not one but all three – of Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Niacinamide. That’s because these antioxidants readily and deeply penetrate the skin while reinforcing the nourishing and revitalizing power of one another to treat and deeply nourish aging skin.
5. Ceramides. As you age, your skin loses its natural barrier and, worse, the ability to regenerate this rather important protective barrier. Skin creams laden with plant ceramides help you make up for this loss. This ingredient is particularly important in helping your skin catch up with much needed repairs amidst the drastic drop in skin activity as a result of natural aging, by minimizing the additional damage caused to your skin.
There are many good creams in the market like the Lamour Skin Cream that help you to fight the signs of aging easily. The next time you go shopping for an anti-wrinkle cream, you won’t have to be lured to buy into ingredients that are nothing but products of marketing lingo because you’ll know exactly what you should be looking for.